Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > TPMS > TS501 > my autel ts501 will not turn on or charg...
my autel ts501 will not turn on or charge since recent update

9420 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: 2024-03-13 13:34:22

•   Level 2   
    (10) points
    jdmprojectz
    2016-06-05 22:51:41
     i went and updated my ts501 and now it will not turn on with the power button or charge at all

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    oscarsactt

2017-10-06 21:21:41

mine is does the same thing I updated the sd card I inserted the card to the tool while the tool was on and it turned off and will not turn on again unless I remove the sd card ans only shows the picture of a sdcard to insert it to tool any hel is appreciated  AUTEL.

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    Trig

2017-10-07 01:48:36

Same thing happened to me today Oct 6, 2017.  New tool.  Worked fine.. then updated by the instructions it and now it won't turn on with or without the SD card installed.  Sigh... Please advise.

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    Trig

2017-10-08 03:16:40 (Reply to:Trig)

I did some investigation and it appears that my SD card was corrupted.  I reformatted it and loaded the updated system and now all is well.

Trig

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    destroyer000

2017-10-08 21:50:41 (Reply to:Trig)

trig, iam having the same issue as this with mine, i just updated it and screen is blank, if i reformat my sd card can i redownload the software to it or what did you have to do?

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    Trig

2017-10-09 02:11:46 (Reply to:destroyer000)

I put the formatted (FAT 32) into my card reader and signed onto the Autel website.  Selected (had a thumb drive on the PC also) the card and it uploaded.  Card was empty but it was the one that came with the TS501.  I believe the SD card originally corrupted the TS501 main program.  I waited overnight and the battery was dead,  so it had a hard reset.  Might need to reset the TS501 or disconnect the battery somehow.

Trig

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    dirksville1

2017-12-22 20:56:24 (Reply to:Trig)

Hi,

My TS501 also will not power-up or charge after updating.

I will let it set overnight and see if the battery powers down. I did try contacting Autel support, but it has been an hour and half and no callback yet. I also realize it is Friday coming into Christmas weekend. I will post a fix if I can next week.

Justin

•   Level 4   
    (120) points
    Clark Luo

2017-12-25 10:54:17 (Reply to:dirksville1)

Dear sir,

Would you please show us the version of your device? you can follow the path:Power on--->setting--->about to check it.The version for TS501 is V5.31 now,if your version is the newest,please take some pictures with more detail descriptions to us for locating your issues.Thanks very much.By the way,better to send mail to supporttpms@auteltech.com for some help.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Sunland

2018-07-10 17:49:51 (Reply to:jdmprojectz)

I had the same problem and fixed it.  First I did a quick format on the SD card and reloaded the entire program.  Make sure that after the program is loaded there are three folders on the SD card (if there isn't it didn't load correctly and you'll have to load it again). 
    Then with the SD card out hold down the power button and the 'Y' button for 30 seconds and the unit will hard reboot.  At that point you should have a screen complaining you don't have the SD card inserted.  *Shut the unit off* put the SD card in and then turn it on normally.  Should work fine after that.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    daytona

2019-04-28 03:10:23

My unit stopped working after I ran the update on my TS501. Before I formatted the SD card that came with the unit. My computer was able to read the SD card so I do not believe the SD Card is corrupted but never the less I copied all the files on the SD card onto my computer. I formatted the SD Card, copy all the files back, did a hard reboot holding the "Y" key and Power button for 15 second until the screen display the SD Card needs to be inserted. I inserted the card and power the unit down, press the power button and nothing happen. Took the SD card out, the unit turn unit back on until the same diagram showed the sd Card is missing. Turn the unit off, insert the SD card again and unit still will not power up with the SD card inside. 

I took another SD card 16gig, format it and repeated the process and still no result. I truly believe the data in one of the files upgraded is causing the unit not to boot up.  Autel should put on the website the original software that would have came with the unit so user can restore the unit back prior to the upgrade until Autel can post a proper repair procedure which I am surprise they have not done that already.  
  Total2 Pages