Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > TPMS > TS401 > Tire Pressure Shown as: NA
Tire Pressure Shown as: NA

2968 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2016-09-03 19:11:11

•   Level 2   
    (45) points
    borland
    2016-07-30 16:59:50
    I have firmware version 2.68 with configuration setting: Pressure set to PSI.

On 2010 Ford Fusion, when TS401 reads sensor data, tire pressure reads: NA on all wheel sensors.

Other data recorded, like sensor serial number, temperature, and battery condition appear normal.

Why is pressure not being reported?

•   Level 2   
    (45) points
    borland
    2016-08-03 02:40:32

I was able to get the unit to display tire pressure in PSI after selecting same Ford make and model, but different build year.    The sensors for my 2010 Ford Fusion interchange with other Ford models and with other build years.

After using my TS401 with the unit set with the other Ford year, I reselected the 2010 Ford Fusion, then performed the same reads again.  This time the TS401 reported all data, including the tire pressure in PSI. 

I had done a firmware update before using the TS401 for the first time. So, the tire pressure "NA" might be a bug in the firmware that occurs immediately after performing a firmware update.

I would recommend this product to anyone considering it.

Thanks for all the help!

•   Level 2   
    (45) points
    borland
    2016-08-03 22:39:22 (Reply to:borland)
     I spoke too soon. Using the TS401 on the same car, a day later, it reported Tire Pressure "NA" again on all four wheels. This was with using the bottom menu item to select the 2010 Ford Fusion.

However after selecting the car from the top menu item, the unit again reports the actual Tire Pressure "32 PSI" on all four wheels.

So, apparently this is a firmware bug but may be limited to my car's make, model, year. Maybe someone else can confirm similar results with fw 2.68.

I would like to suggest an improvement for future updates that the TS401 Main Menu be changed to eliminate the need for the user to reselect the most recently selected make/model/year selection.  Once selected, the TS401 should remember the selection even when power is switched to off.  I recommend this Main Menu item be replaced with menu functions: 1. Test One Wheel, and 2. Test All Wheels.  By adopting this menu system, the System Settings option of Test One/All Wheel(s) would be eliminated.

•   Level 2   
    (45) points
    borland
    2016-09-03 19:11:11 (Reply to:borland)

I just loaded the new firmware (version 3.00). This update fixes the tire pressure shown as "NA", but introduces a different erroneous data being displayed.

Now when I select  the latest scan menu item and enter 'N" for "Are you sure you want to delete the TPMS data?", data for the front-left wheel shows:

Freq.: 433MHz
    BAT.: Low

When the orginal scans showed:

Freq.: 315MHz
    BAT.: Normal

This is for US firmware where all sensors are 315MHz.   This is only for the front-left wheel, other wheels show consistent data with the original scan. 

Also, the HTML Audit Report is still only showing "MaxiTPMS TS401", with no data. 
  Total1 Pages