Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > TPMS > TS401 > Firmware Version 3.10
Firmware Version 3.10

2979 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2016-10-17 15:14:54

•   Level 2   
    (45) points
    borland
    2016-10-11 05:20:35

I just installed firmware version 3.10. This newer version corrects a minor bug I had noticed with version 3.00 and adds a new Main Menu item "Scan MX-Sensor".  

The associated Manual PDF file doesn't appears to have been changed, so there is no mention of the "Scan MX-Sensor" menu item feature. If you select "Scan MX-Sensor" menu item, there appears to be no way to exit back to the main menu other than to power down the unit and restart it. Minor bug.

The minor bug from version 3.00 that now appears to be fixed, was with erroneous data reported when viewing stored data from the latest scan.

After scanning four wheels, the graphic (Figure 4.6 on page 21 of the manual) still doesn't show tire pressure at each wheel.  Too bad they missed that one.

I think I'll continue to use firmware version 2.68 for now.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-10-11 09:43:40 (Reply to:borland)

Thank you very much for your feedback about our latest version of V3.10.

1. Scan MX-Sensor can't exit-> You can click N to exit to Scan Mx-Sensor page and then press Up or Down button to return to the main page.
    2. After scanning four wheels, the graphic (Figure 4.6 on page 21 of the manual) still doesn't show tire pressure at each wheel.  Too bad they missed that one.
    --> I am sorry, because there will be something wrong if the tyre pressure showing in the tyre like following picture, so in the new version, we have removed it. Please understand.

•   Level 2   
    (45) points
    borland
    2016-10-11 17:41:24 (Reply to:Support02)

Thanks for the reply. 

“You can click N to exit to Scan Mx-Sensor page and then press Up or Down button to return to the main page.”    I already went back to 2.68, but exiting other program functions only require pressing the ‘N’ button.  So having to also use the up or down button to exit is not very intuitive for the user.   Not a big deal, since I don’t plan on ever using any MX-sensors.

“I am sorry, because there will be something wrong if the tyre pressure showing in the tyre like following picture, so in the new version, we have removed it. Please understand.”    I think that must be a marketing decision, as I see no technical reason for not providing the pressure results on the graphic suddenly now, when it was provided on earlier firmware versions.  I’m not likely to buy your more advanced tool just to get this feature.  Very disappointed.

These TPMS tools seem to be targeting the commercial businesses like tire/brake shops.  I was thinking about making my own Personal TPMS tool.  It looks easy to do for a couple cars using the Infineon TDA5235 radio chip which has FSK, ASK, and Manchester decoding.  For a personal TPMS decoding tool, I’d want to have features like:  For each car’s data set, user input of calibration offset settings for pressure and temperature at each wheel. Also would be nice to have for each wheel, cold tire pressures estimated at each wheel based on current sensor temperature readings.

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    billymck

2016-10-13 01:09:32 (Reply to:Support02)

it sounds like you're saying that if tire pressure is displayed then there is an error. and can you explain exactly what feature you are removing from this tool??? i sure hope you're not removing displayed tire pressure after a 4 wheel scan, it sounds like you're omitting the whole screen.

•   Level 2   
    (45) points
    borland
    2016-10-16 04:02:19 (Reply to:billymck)

Billy,

No, they are keeping the graphic image of the car which shows the progress of each wheel.  What they have removed is the actual pressure read by each wheel which was previously shown in a smaller font.  You can still see the results of all four wheels in a two page tabular format by pressing the ‘Y’ button.

They didn’t say, but it could be that the firmware programmer is running short of program space (flash memory) of the TS401.  Before they were using two font sizes, now they are only using one. The more fonts they store, the less space is left for adding more program features. Font characters are usually stored in program memory as bit-mapped data.  If memory is running low, they could store the fonts in compressed format using 4 or 8-bit run-length encoding.  

If they are not very proficient in programming, there is plenty of space on the display for the pressure at each wheel using three characters (kPa) with the font size in use, they just need to narrow the car graphic image slightly.

•   Level 5   
    (345) points
    Costee

2016-10-17 15:14:54 (Reply to:borland)

Hm. It seems the TS401 is ultimately destined to space shortage at some point. They'd probably discontinue it at that point or manufacture one that uses the memory card. I think the former option is more likely.
  Total1 Pages