Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > TPMS > TS501 > TS501K not recognizing MX sensors that ...
TS501K not recognizing MX sensors that came with it.

5743 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2017-02-01 13:53:21

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    eggertj3536
    2016-12-04 18:55:46
     Hi, I have followed the instructions to the letter and tried all the sensors and have yet to get the unit to recognize the MX sensors. Is there something that needs to be done to the MX sensor to activate it before programming it? The error " Sensor not present" keeps coming up.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    NeilQ

2016-12-16 17:14:22

I am having exactly the same issue.  I programmed the MX Sensors using the OEM sensor ID's.  (So I can swap snow/summer tires each on their own wheels.)  The programming process was seemingly flawless.  But when I try to read the the newly programmed sensors (before installing them on the wheel) with the TS501 the process fails.  The TS501 will still read my OEM sensors just fine.  Are the MX Sensors faulty?  Or is something else going on, like the pressure reading must be something other than zero for the TS501 to read them? 

Vehicle:2007 Honda Element

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    simplewell

2016-12-24 02:41:53 (Reply to:eggertj3536)

I am also having the same issue. The TS501 has succesfully activated the 3 sensors on my car that work, would not read the sensor that has failed (of course). When drawing the information from the ECU the tool provides all 4 tire sensor information. When the mx-sensor was placed in the TS501 it cannot be programmed. Attempted to program the mx-sensor using all available options and always receive an error saying "Without Sensor!".

What the hell???

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    simplewell

2016-12-24 13:17:57 (Reply to:eggertj3536)

I've gotten my going. I've gone through so many rounds I'm not sure exactly which combination of things made it work. You need to make sure you log into this and register your device appropriately.

This morning (12/24/2016) it got sorted out after I registered. I will try and describe what I believe got it going (steps I expect you need to take) and what you should expect from the update.

1) Remove your SD and load it into your computer (mine acted the same whether I did this or used the USB cable, but when it worked I had the SD card in).
    2) When the "Autel Update" software was started up and the SD Card/Unit was read it got an error saying that my SN didn't match (turns out my registration from the first time didn't stick). The error asked me if I wanted to change or update my SN (I don't remember the exact verbiage) I clicked yes.
    3) While the "Autel Update" software was running with the SD Card in my computer I logged into the "pro.auteltechcom" website and it automatically prompted me to register my device.
    4) After completing the registration I restarted the software and it initially only found an update for itself. The "Autel Update" software was at v6.34, the update found was v6.35. While the update was installing it said it was installing v6.34.03, but after completion I restarted the software again and it indicates v6.35.
    5) Upon this most recent restart of the software it found an update for everything, and I installed all of them. I've listed the versions of the software before and after the update below...

BEFORE
    Autel Update Software: v6.34
    System Software: v2.62
    Hardware Version: v1.00
    Sensor Version: v2.01

AFTER
    Autel Update Software: v6.35
    System Software: v2.68
    Hardware Version: v1.00
    Sensor Version: v5.00 (encompasses a variety of versions for each brand of car, there was an entire list of these that updated also)

I hope this help man. I cannot overstate how angry I was to have problems like this after pulling it out of the box. The user manual has no "troubleshooting" section, these support forums are weak at best and there isn't even a piece of "getting started" or "required before use" documentation with the product.

The product seems solid, it interfaced with both my vehicles with no issues (Honda and Chrysler). The procedures it displayed for each vehicle were spot on, in interfaced with no issues. The only problem I've had thus far is as described, lack of proper instruction available in the box or on the web site as well as lack of recognition of/support for the issues people are facing.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    JasonWood

2017-02-01 13:53:21 (Reply to:simplewell)

THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!!   We had the same issue.  All it took for us was taking the SD card out and putting it into the computer. Not using the TS501 with cable.  It had 2 updates for us. 1 for software and the other for MX Sensors.  Updated those and installed, then it had updates for all the different car manufacturers. Installed the ones we work on. took out the SD card and put back in the TS501. Put in a new sensor and bam it was programmed. Man we spent 3 hours watching videos online, I called tech support and put my name and number on "call back list" and never heard back. Finally found this tip this morning and it worked!!
    We have already used it to turn off lights and find issues, but this was our first try at replacing sensors. So now I feel confident we can do them in a much more timely manor than calling customer back to tell them it will be the next day.
  Total1 Pages