Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > TPMS > TS401 > Are Schrader sensors in motorcycles supp...
Are Schrader sensors in motorcycles supported by TS401?

3430 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2021-10-12 14:18:29

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    macaco
    2017-11-22 23:35:44
     Hi! I'd like to know if the TS401 tool supports Schrader sensors found in motorcycles. I can only select cars, but I need to read codes of my BMW motorbike, that has Schrader sensors (code 36318532731). Maybe the same sensors are used in some car?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    macaco
    2017-11-26 19:05:32 (Reply to:macaco)
      I reply to myself. After playing (a lot!) with a spare sensor I had, I found that the Shrader sensors 36318532731 are compatible with the ones in the Renault Laguna II.
    Select that car, and after 3-5 seconds the TS401 will get the IDs.
    Cheers!

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    Stef

2017-12-11 21:12:31 (Reply to:macaco)

I'm also a TS401 use for the BMW Motorcycles. Just bought mine, didn't use the tool yet.

Just want to let you know that you can also select Saturn Astra 01/2008 - 12/2009 to scan the BMW motorcycle TPMS sensors.

I will use it next week, but I'm not sure yet if i need to select the Hexadecimal or the Decimal ID format to code the new TPMS sensor to the bike. I will try next week.

I asked support if after the next update (first quarter 2018), it will be possible to select BMW motorcycles in the vehicle menu, but support didn't know if it would be possible or not.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    macaco
    2017-12-15 16:19:22 (Reply to:Stef)
    Thanks for the info. I'll try that car next time I need to read or activate sensors.

Regarding the ID, in hexadecimal or decimal, it might depend on the tool you'll use to learn the sensors.
    In my case, I used my GS-911, and after a couple of tries I saw that the tool uses the decimal format. If you use a different tool for the learning, it might need the hexadecimal. At any rate, any calculator (even those on phones) can easily translate from one to the other format).

And regarding the addition of BMW motorcycles to the menu would be a great improvement for the tool. For all Autel tools, in fact. Let's hope in the next software upgrade we can find there the choice. (I have saved a small piece of paper with the car selection, just in case I forget the next time I have to use the tool!)

Best Regards,

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    RH

2021-10-12 14:18:29 (Reply to:macaco)

Hi, isn´t there the function to clon sensor IDs? In that case it would not be necessary to find a car with same code as motorcycle ones or am I wrong? Thanks! 
  Total1 Pages