Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > TPMS > TS501 > How to program installed MX-Sensor (Prog...
How to program installed MX-Sensor (Prog Limit!(-8) error)

4175 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2021-06-30 19:02:17

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    clmoore3rd
    2019-12-15 22:25:27
     Just purchased a TS501 and a set of snow tire wheels with MX-Sensor already mounted.  I can't program the sensors, get an error "Prog Limit!(-8)"  These were advertised as capable of programming installed.  How should that work because tires pressure is then not below the 10psi limit?

It would be a real PITA to have to deflate four freshly mounted tires to below 10psi for sensor programming, and then have to re-inflate them.....

Any other way to program MX-Sensors mounted on wheels with inflated tires?

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    A1GETSITDONE

2019-12-17 13:46:44 (Reply to:clmoore3rd)

i was just searching for the same answer and haven't found one yet. but i think (not positive) that this means the sensors have reached the maximum times allowed for programming (8 times). this is just a thought that i was trying to verify also. if it is,, how do you reset the sensor memory so i will take programming again. John

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    A1GETSITDONE

2019-12-17 14:06:34 (Reply to:clmoore3rd)

I ALSO FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER TREAD AND THIS WAS MY PROBLEM BELOW:

the program pressure on/off will give you the ability to program the sensor installed and the tire filled with over 70kpa/10psi of air. so if its "on" you won't be able to program the sensor unless its less has less than 10psi, and if its set to "off" you can have the pressure set to lets say 35psi and it will program.....try it for your self....autel does have a valid reason for doing this... mainly for programming sensors that have not been installed, but for those that are in a hurry to get things done quickly, sometimes someone might install the sensor before programming and set the tire pressure....so when you have more than 10psi and you have that feature set to on the sensor will not program until the pressure is below 10psi/70kpa or you set that feature to "off"... hope this helps you out

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Greg9005

2021-06-30 19:02:17

this happened to me. But I remember a YouTuber using the Aurel product saying that the Aurel sensors cann only be activated when they are under 10 psi. So lowered the air pressure in tire to 6 psi and the sensor programed just like the sensor that wasn't installed on the car.
  Total1 Pages