Communities > TPMS > TS601 > TS601 Update
TS601 Update

1523 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2020-06-05 08:22:15

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    toofastdave
    2020-03-26 02:25:39
    Hello,

I haven't used my TS601 in two years but it powered up perfectly and worked as expected.  So I signed up and downloaded the latest firmware last night and now the thing won't power on at all!!  The last time I looked at the battery the level was at 60%.  Is there any way to figure out if the firmware screwed up the unit or any way to reset it back to factory defaults?  The screen doesn't come on no matter what I do... Please help.  Thank you!

DD

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2020-03-26 09:29:38 (Reply to:toofastdave)

How did you update it, did you use USB cable directly into your tool or, you used S D Card pen drive plugged in USB slot......?

I normally remove the S D Card from the tool and use pen drive and never had any issues I also did the last updates 3 days ago and all seems to be OK.

One other thing to remember always have backup of original software before you update to any new software......

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    toofastdave
    2020-03-26 15:21:35 (Reply to:Ashraf)
     Hello,

I updated it with the USB cable plugged into the computer straight into the device.  It worked perfectly after the update and some of the settings changed because it would actually save my unit preferences whereas before it would not so i know the update worked. Is the unit supposed to turn on without the SD card installed or no, because the screen doesn't power on  with it installed or removed.  I also left the USB cable hooked up to my computer thinking that the battery may be dead but no luck there either

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2020-03-28 09:12:05 (Reply to:toofastdave)

Have you tried plugging in to the OBD2 plug and see if it will power up............? I normally remove the S D Card and update it without using the device....

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    ajm55555

2020-05-11 13:08:46

I'm having the same problem. I bought the tool new from someone who never used it so probably it was not powered on for a few years. Switched it on, all was working. Did an update with the device connected via USB to the PC. Worked fine (the Maxi PC Suite closed itself when finished). I checked my settings and they were not remembered. Shut it off and now it won't switch on. I tried to get power from a wall socket and the PC but nothing happens.
    Has anyone a solution? Thank you!

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    ajm55555

2020-05-11 13:15:14

I tried to remove the SD card and now it powers on and asks to insert the card. If I do that, the screen turns off and I'm back at the start.
    I definitely think it's a software update problem. The thing is I didn't back up the SD.
    Does anyone know how to reset the device or get an image of a previous version to copy to the SD?
    Thank you!

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    ajm55555

2020-05-11 14:48:54

I finally solved the problem thanks to another post on this forum (http://pro.autel.com:6688/autelsupport/TPMS/21669_2.jhtml).
    Updating the device leaving the card inside leads to corrupt data. This should not be an option in the User Manual.
    You have to:
    - register the device
    - take the card out of the device
    - format the card (I did a full format, not a quick one)
    - insert it into the PC
    - start the Maxi PC Suite and log in and you can do the update on the card

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2020-06-05 08:22:15

I normally use USB stick to updated any e and never had any problems.......
  Total1 Pages