Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > TPMS > TS501 > TS501 Will not Read Smart Fortwo Sensors
TS501 Will not Read Smart Fortwo Sensors

1284 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2020-10-22 21:22:07

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    murobertson
    2020-10-09 20:33:11
    I just acquired a TS501 to facilitate summer/winter tire swaps on my 2016 Ford Fusion and my wife's 2016 Smart Fortwo. The TS501 reads the sensors on my Fusion fine but will not read the sensors on the Smart car. So far, all I have tried to do is read the sensor data. I have tried all sensor options for all models of Smart car listed in the unit's database with no luck. I upgraded the device's software before testing. Are there any workarounds anyone can suggest? Thank you for your help.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    murobertson
    2020-10-22 21:22:07
     So, it looks like this vehicle is not equipped with a TPMS, which explains why the TS501 could not read the sensors. There apparently are none. Duh. Although the dealer that sold me the car told me it had a TPMS and installed sensors in the winter tires that I purchased from them (which I discovered the TS501 could read just fine), when I checked the vehicle's on board computer for the TPMS reset option described in the owner's manual, there was none. Apparently, a TPMS is required equipment in the US but not in the Canadian market so this vehicle apparently does not have one. Guess it pays to check this out first.
  Total1 Pages