Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > TPMS > TS501 > Toyota TRW TPMS Sensor Swap (Tundra -> S...
Toyota TRW TPMS Sensor Swap (Tundra -> Sequoia) -- Not Activating

1392 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2021-10-11 23:19:57

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    JeffreyEngelbrecht
    2021-05-01 14:36:24
    I have 2019 Toyota Tundra TPMS sensors (TRD PRO Wheels) on my 2014 Toyota Sequoia. I tried to activate the TPMS sensors by selecting the Sequoia vehicle but the TS508 did not detect/activate the TPMS sensors. When I selected Tundra, then I was able to detect/activate the TPMS sensors. 

Can I just select Toyota Tundra to relearn (Program to ODB2) the Tundra TPMS sensors into my Toyota Sequoia without damaging the Sequoia ? .. .and so that the Sequoia will detect the Tundra TPMS sensors ? 

Both the original Sequoia sensors and the new Tundra sensors are TRW 315MHz and Relearn Type 0

Thanks in advance! 

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    HELP !!    Exactly the same thing happens to me, but I have a mitsubishi montero, I put the new original sensors, it activated them but it does not program them with the ecu when I connect it by obd2

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2021-08-16 10:57:03

I have a similar problem plus after learning the 2018 Tundra TPMS in my Tundra Platinum wheels and trying to program my 2013 Limited Sequoia the TS508 is stuck in Communicating with Vehicle Please wait for over 10 minutes connected and 10 more disconnected.

I cannot get it to do anything. It won't shut off. I connected it to my computer and nothing. Do I have to wait for the battery to die? 

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    S Lim

2021-10-11 23:19:57 (Reply to:)

Could not get TS501 to shut off after removing the SD card with power on.  Had to remove rubber cover, remove 4 philips screws and carefully pull the battery connector from socket on main board to power off.   May need needle pliers or forceps to grip the connector.   The battery wires are pretty short.
  Total1 Pages