Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > TPMS > TS501 > MaxiTPMS TS501 [New] Won't power up unle...
MaxiTPMS TS501 [New] Won't power up unless plugged in

1000 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2021-11-07 18:04:12

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    Geoffrey Filippi
    2021-11-06 23:34:03
     My new TS501 won't power up unless plugged in. It powers up when plugged into the included power supply, the USB port, or the OBDII port. I have left it charging for a few hours.

When I got it, I applied the updated software available.

It is able to read my current TPMS codes from my factory tires via OBDII. However, I have not been able to successfully trigger and read my new winter tires with Schrader S074 28203 315HMz or the factory tires. I am unsure if that is related. I had to run it off of a portable USB battery pack when trying to trigger the tires.

Sys. Software Version: V2.85
    Hardware Version: V1.00
    Sensor Version: V6.21
    Diagnosis Version: V3.38

Manufacture Date: 03/30/2021

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    After multiple tries, I was able to get the TS501 to trigger and read one of my original tire sensors from the tires on the car. It was not able to trigger and read the other three original tires. The TS501 said the one tire had a low sensor battery. It might be possible that the other three had bad batteries. This seems unlikely since I was able to read the tire codes using the ODBII port, but I'm not sure.

I'll charge the TS501 overnight and see if I can get it to power up on battery.

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
     I charged the TS501 overnight and it still won't power up on battery.
  Total1 Pages