Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > TPMS > TS501 > MaxiTPMS TS501 [New] Won't Trigger and R...
MaxiTPMS TS501 [New] Won't Trigger and Read Sensors

1464 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2021-11-18 00:53:31

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    Geoffrey Filippi
    2021-11-06 23:39:49
    My new TS501 won't trigger and read the Schrader S074 28203 315HMz sensors in my new winter tires or read the sensors in the factory tires.

I am unsure if this is related, but it won't power up unless plugged in. It powers up when plugged into the included power supply, the USB port, or the OBDII port. I have left it charging for a few hours. I used a portable USB battery when I was trying to trigger the tires to make the TS501 power up.

When I got it, I applied the updated software available.

It is able to read my current TPMS codes from my factory tires via OBDII.

Sys. Software Version: V2.85
    Hardware Version: V1.00
    Sensor Version: V6.21
    Diagnosis Version: V3.38

Manufacture Date: 03/30/2021

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    After multiple tries, I was able to get the TS501 to trigger and read one of my original tire sensors from the tires on the car. It was not able to trigger and read the other three original tires. The TS501 said the one tire had a low sensor battery. It might be possible that the other three had bad batteries. This seems unlikely since I was able to read the tire codes using the ODBII port, but I'm not sure.

I tried to get all four of my winter tires to trigger and ready, but I was not able to get them to. The winter tires were not on the car yet, but I will put them on the car and then try again. I'm not sure if that would matter.

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
     I put the winter tires on the car, but the TS501 still won't trigger and read the new sensors.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    WEN XUN

2021-11-18 00:53:31 (Reply to:Geoffrey Filippi)

Same thing to my ts508
  Total1 Pages