Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Maxisys backup function needed

3157 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-01 10:51:58

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-01-08 15:39:45
     Is it possible to add a backup feature to the maxisys so that the tool can make a backup automatically to an external sd card or hard drive. our backup feature does not do that function it only deletes/formats. thank you.

•   Level 4   
    (190) points
    johnshenanigans

2015-01-24 07:58:03

Would be nice to have a pc program to backup like you can for an iPhone or Samsung phone. I searched the net for a generic android backup program but couldn't find anything I really liked. Support we need backup/sync software for our tools. Thank you!

•   Level 4   
    (140) points
    roberto

2015-03-28 08:30:06 (Reply to:ede65)

We need a restart point , if we have any software issue today we can go back like a
    week and restart from that point. We needddddddddddddddddd

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    CoSypha

2015-03-28 18:17:34 (Reply to:roberto)

I completely agree! I backup up my system right of of the box, I got it yesterday because all the horror stories about these updates, I bought for myself DIY and did an update to scan my Jeep Commander, already had to put the old software back to look into this further, I don't know why Autel doesn't provide a proper change log on the update screen with everything changed. If you put what you add but not what you take then it is misleading! Looking at my old Chrysler software v4.10 I had a black dot in all the ecu slots in the first row, after update all the dots were removed on majority of the vehicles. I am talking about the little arrow you click on in the logo.

A backup would make many happy or the ability to revert back to a version you have success with!

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-04-01 10:51:58 (Reply to:ede65)

With my DS708 I made a Backup 16GB SD card before my update period expired and verified the card works. The only tool Snap On sells that you can back up the software card without resorting to Cloning software I believe is Ethos . The Verus, where the software is on an internal SATA hard drive, in order to back up the software, you need to have someone capable  remove and Clone the Verus SATA hard drive with specialized cloning software and it can still be hit or miss that it is going to work , especially if you try to upgrade to a faster solid state hard drive. They want you to have to update
      Unfortunately  I do not think the internal solid state drives are serviceable separate from the internal board of the MaxiSys in order to Clone the SSD drive to make a backup of it's software.
       If something were to happen that the software got corrupted after your update period is up , it looks like your only option is gamble and pay for an update and hope it works again correctly  or replace it with the newer appliance.

Total1 Pages