Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Search stored pdf files on maxisys by vin/date

2059 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2015-04-01 20:47:27

•   Level 2   
    (46) points
    Firimari
    2015-04-01 20:47:27
     I posted this as a response to someone elses question but it fits better here so I'm posting it again.

I also would like to have better way to organize the info I've saved on my maxisys.   I don't use the customer management functions, its too much effort to have to type in color, plate number, etc.  Also the machine is mine and not the shops.  

I do save pdf of my autoscans and sometimes data.  I always save as default using date its faster.  The reports have the vin number in them.  If the vin was in the header info that shows up in the pdf section of the data manager, I could use the search box at the top to find all reports related to a specific vin.  I would think this would be a relatively easy change they could make.  Also the date should show in the header field as well.

Now if I want to locate history on a specific vehicle I have to search the vehicle history list by model, find when I worked on the vehcicle, then search for the files with that date to see what info I saved.  

Since the date is not in the pdf header either,  I have to use the file explorer to search for the files manually.  

I have set up dropbox and dropsync on my system and I use them to monitor the folders where the pdfs and screenshots are saved and upload them to my dropbox/laptop for backup and easier searching and archiving.
  Total1 Pages