Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Access to 2 years of reinstallation of old system and car make software after expiration

2691 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2020-09-18 06:59:04

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-03-14 14:47:20
     If Autel can truthfully say that they have not downgraded, removed, or disabled functionality from any of  the repair software , due to lawsuits or intentionally with hold instructions on how to back up your old software,  then it would go a long way for customer confidence to either provide Maxi Sys users clear instructions of how to back up their system and be able reinstall everything again in the event of a problem, or after expiration of our subscriptions, to allow users to download and reinstall their old software back onto the MaxiSys for at least 2 years after our subscriptions expired. ( Maybe pay a $50 for access to server for 48 hours for automated repair and reinstall of older system and car software that was available at the time your subscription expired.(of course we understand all the car logos would be generic ones)

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-03-15 10:01:10 (Reply to:witsend)

If you want to backup your files, you can find Scan folder under SD card, please see below:

Copy Scan and then go to ext_sd, click Paste.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-03-29 17:46:43 (Reply to:Support02)
       Support,Thanks for showing folk  how the back up of the Maxi Sys scan folder is done. I am sure it would work for any tablet that is still within the free update subscription period, because after reinstalling the scan folder,the  tablet will go to Autel's server  and automatically restore some necessary encrypted  .exe file to allow things in the scan file  to work again (as long as you are within your free update period)
       However I am more concerned about insuring a proper scan folder back up re installation if needed  after the free update period is over. Is there a way to ensure any special encrypted .exe file transferred, and won't be missing or time out the  authorization for users to access and use our old backup software again after any reinstall after our update period is expired, even if our serial number of unit matches the SN of our old back up software. 

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mehmood

2017-05-29 16:27:47 (Reply to:witsend)

Hi,
    I am having problem with my MS908p and support is not helping. can you review my case.
    http://pro.auteltech.com/autelsupport/J2534/23840.jhtml?logoTypeId=88&typeName=MaxiFlash%20Pro

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-05-31 12:36:36 (Reply to:Mehmood)
      I would think if you make a copy of the Scan Folder and the copy of it is not the same exact size Bit for Bit of what you attempted to copy then some protected files needed for the software to work on it's own didn't take,  so without a current update subscription green light from Autel's server (and you won't after the free update period is over) you won't be allowed to access the scan folder. I think Autel is Blowing Smoke up your Azz that backup software you made while your update period was active is ever going to work for you if you need to do a factory reset to  it after your free update period is over.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points

2020-09-16 20:29:06 (Reply to:witsend)

Hello, Do you have current functioning files for the DS708? I recently purchased a used model and it works great on 2001 and a 2006 GM vehicles but on a 2007 Escalade I get GetSysInfoFromRegTab and it will not connect.
    Customer service has been worthless.
    If you could share a working file to correct this, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks

billadkins1971@gmail.com

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-09-18 06:59:04 (Reply to:)
     Don't ever turn the DS708 WIFI on and allow it to connect to the internet or it will get messed up. I no longer have my DS708 anymore ,but  I had created backup software on a old working PC that still works that was Windows 7 at the time the software was copied to the PC, it's now running Windows 10 and a SSD where the original drive was cloned to it. The original and ending backups are still there but it's hard to say if the integrity of the data would be good anymore. The oldest of the 2 software backups was the original software it had on it before I even registered it when it was new.
  Total1 Pages