Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Bidirectional Options on MD802

2054 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2016-07-07 16:43:10

•   Level 4   
    (119) points
    John Clark
    2016-07-01 19:59:03
    I purchased the MD802 and it is working fairly well.  However, I recently needed to be able to reset TPS stored data after cleaning the throttle body on my 08 Honda Odyssey with electronic throttle body.  I know that the MD802 doesn't have that capability and knew it when I bought it. 

However, I just found that the Foxwell NT510 DOES have this capability.  For $166 on Amazon Prime I bought one brand new from an authorized reseller.  It shipped with full OBDII capability for anything and one "car software" of my choice.  I chose Honda and can now do everything I can with the MD802 plus lots of bidirectional component tests, adaptations, PCM changes, and lots more.  For another $60 each I can add other manufacturers...up to five max.  That's perfect for DIY'ers who work on their own vehicles. 

This seems like it would be a good option for the MD802.  Why couldn't Autel offer full bidirectional software for a limited number of manufacturers as Foxwell does?  Some of us don't need $1000 worth of Maxidas DS708 capabilities but do need a few manufacturers for our own vehicles.  I would have happily spent another $100 or so to have the capability on my MD802 instead of having another tool like the Foxwell NT510. 

•   Level 3   
    (55) points
    jgins

2016-07-07 16:43:10 (Reply to:John Clark)

I would be interested in this as well. I'd buy several manufacturers.
  Total1 Pages