Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
TPMS Function Not Available As Advertised on Maxicheck Pro

3220 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2017-10-02 13:17:16

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Daveybones
    2017-01-01 17:10:53
      I am getting concerned about a brand new maxicheck pro unit that is not even listed as a discussion point in this forum, Is this an older platform? Secondly the unit was purchase because it was supposed come with TPMS diagnostics but it is not available to select on my unit,  I see in another forum somebody saying that TPMS has been discontinued on the Maxicheck Pro unit, and if this is true it is completely unacceptable, I have attached a picture of the sale packaging that unit unit arrived in, you can see that it specifically states that maxicheck pro has the TPMS function. Autel must reconcile this issue with people that purchased this unit. 
    file:  IMG_1658[1].JPG

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-01-03 00:14:19 (Reply to:Daveybones)

I would think that if you had a TPMS tool that could activate and read the TPMS sensor  ID's,  the Maxi Check Scan Tool should allow you capability to access the TPMS module, read , erase TPMS history codes and to enter and edit IDs of the car's TPMS sensors.
       Maybe it once had the capability to do so , but you can buy both a Maxi Check and a TS401 for less money than either the TS 501 or  TS601, and it might have been hurting the sales TS501 and TS601 and consequently less Autel MX sensors would be sold besides.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Daveybones
    2017-01-05 02:10:13 (Reply to:witsend)
      I likely didn't explain myself clearly enough what I was trying to say is that the unit was purchased specifically because it was advertised to have the tea TPMS function on board. The software even has a file folder named Tpms but there is no icon screen when the unit is booted up . The sad part is that the unit definitely had the functionality. If you advertise the unit with a Tpms function it should come 
    with it. I really can't  go out and purchase another stand alone Tpms unit.

•   Level 3   
    (66) points
    Prylteknik

2017-01-25 20:48:27 (Reply to:Daveybones)

TPMS function is only for read out / clear TPMS DTC, not for programming. Never have been. It somewhat confusing on the packaging.
    The TPMS shortcut has been removed in the later updates but the function is available under the complete list of control module under each specific car - when available.

•   Level 2   
    (18) points
    Mecanoauto

2017-01-30 21:03:18

When I got mine, it had TPMS capability and worked well, until the last update when I lost it and now I can't go back. I had changed the SDcard as the original card did not have enough memory to save all the updates, and both SD cards used to work, but now if I insert the old card, the tool doesn't even turn on. How can you have a feature and then take it away with an update. That's like going backwards, isn't it?

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    NOEL-MELET

2017-04-18 14:56:57 (Reply to:witsend)

You're right the only explanation for this is that the sale of ts501 and ts601 has been affected by it and the greedy autel executive have taken away its feature.  It affects the paying customer.  The system is android based and if you dig deep with your sd card file it is still there I'm just trying to find out how to put it back.  It's a matter of reprogramming it back.  

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    wernervs

2017-10-02 13:17:16 (Reply to:Prylteknik)

How come you say this? That is untrue. The TPMS functionality on the Maxicheck Pro was about more than just clearing errors. "Never have been" is plain wrong. 

The Maxicheck Pro DID have a reprogramming function to program the sensors into the PCM (for cars that don't have a relearn facility). See this link for a Youtube video, where the Maxicheck Pro is being used to make the car use new sensor ID's... (@4:00min)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OPUHxl058Y
    Also, there's another vid of someone that experienced it himself. He was smart enough to not just overwrite the software he was using, but used another SD-card to put his update on. Now he's got TPMS  still on the old SD (ofcourse, in time it will get outdated...):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfNAXNkP6MQ&t=823s

Clearly an update somewhere in time killed this functionality, and it probably was a commercial choice... 

The Maxicheck Pro I just recently received was shipped to me Sept this year, and there is no sign left of TPMS... f/w on it:  v5.04...

Total1 Pages