Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
a comprehensive diagnostic tool that covers older vehicles

1198 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2019-07-31 15:53:23

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    rovrdrvr
    2019-07-31 15:53:23
     I am looking for a comprehensive tool that a small 2 person shop can use on a variety of vehicles.  I tried the new MaxiCOM MK908 Pro because it sounded like it included everything included key programming and tpms features.  I definitely was able to read the odb messages and reset but I could do that with a less expensive unit.  We tested reprogramming a 2004 Mini Cooper key program to remove a damaged key fob and add a new key but discovered it was not supported.  We tried to do the same for a 2006 BMW 530i same issue, key reprogram was not available.  So we thought we would try a newer vehicle, a 2014 Ford F150 with over sized tires to reprogram the tire size but again not supported until 2015 and later Fords.  Customers usually come to shops like ours to have their older vehicles worked on.  The later newer models are usually still covered by manufacturer warranty and customers will go to the dealership for work, but most customers will only come to small shops if they can get manufacturer level service and support.  So we were very disappointed to find out that some of the most common services that we are asked to do are not available or limited in support and we would need to invest an additional 1k to get support for key program and tpms features.
  Total1 Pages