Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Autel Released a newer version of the XP400 called and XP400 plus

1066 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2020-08-31 04:54:01

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2020-08-31 04:54:01
     The XP400 plus adds more capability for European cars and chip reading and you also need to buy some $300 kit of new circuit boards and jumper cables to realize all the added immobilizer  potential of the XP400plus, however I don't really plan to get too involved in the high risk advanced side of removing chips,hacking in, and soldering wires to boards and such on brand New and High end German Cars.
      I want to keep it simple adding a proximity keys or programming  already cut fobik  keys and remotes for customers down to their last working key. I wish there was a cheaper option to add  a Mercedes IR reader and VW proximity key programmer to supplement the existing XP 200 cheaper than having to buy a XP400 to replace my existing XP200 or at least incorporate these features into a new XP200 plus programmer that be half the price of an existing XP400 with all the boards included. I don't know why Autel didn't make an XP 300 which give you all the German Mercedes IR slot and chip reader slots of the XP400 for a couple bucks more it would cost to make the XP200, but maybe it's too late now for them to do that and I'll just wait for a discounted XP400 or a good used one as the XP400 Plus will become preferable and the earlier versions will be heavily discounted or good used ones become available.

Total1 Pages