Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Can I use the maxisys pro j2534 programm...
Can I use the maxisys pro j2534 programmer with laptop to program

7080 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: 2014-10-31 21:25:36

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    neilrowland

2014-10-23 09:38:14 (Reply to:mitch)

Chrysler is having a problem with their J2534 software.Applies to ALL CAN 2 vehicles.Only tools that will properly flash these is the factory tools with the OEM software.Have been able to recover pcm's this way after someone tried with a J Box,

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    RhettYurgin

2014-10-31 13:26:52

Know I'm late to the party, but it works very well with GM/Ford. Chrysler is ... meh at best; If you enter something wrong you can instantly brick your brand new module, though if you get comfortable enough with it I guess it works ok. I've also had success with Toyota, Kia, Hyundai, and some Honda. VW/Audi, Volvo, BMW and the like you can't really do unless you're willing to go through their process to be an authorized dealer basically ($$$$), which kinda defeats the whole purpose of j2534. In fact, our shop has our old snap-on pass-thru pro II that we don't use anymore because both the owner and I loved the autel so much, so if you want to buy that lemme know. :p

Regardless, there are things on the horizon like openECU that will allow you to utilize a j2534 device in the near future. For the price, I'm comfortable saying it can't be beat, or at least nobody's willing to. Really not an autel spokesperson, just telling you how it is.

•   Level 5   
    (275) points
    jbrheaume

2014-10-31 21:25:24 (Reply to:RhettYurgin)

thanks for that info... Jeff

•   Level 5   
    (275) points
    jbrheaume

2014-10-31 21:25:36 (Reply to:RhettYurgin)

thanks for that info... Jeff
  Total2 Pages