Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > When works the inspection camera for the...
When works the inspection camera for the MaxiSys?

8818 Views 29 Replies Latest reply: 2015-11-22 09:22:58

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-03-14 08:41:00 (Reply to:ifgshooter)

The zoom feature will be a software issue. No video scope actually zooms the camera it is done in software. Now you should be able to use 3rd party software for a zoom feature. As for the light that some have complained about I do not know if they built in the hardware for software control or not. As it would appear that they do not seam interested in writing there own software to use the camera I don't see adjustable lighting coming for it. But at the price point they are selling it at you can not expect much I guise. If you interested in good video bore scopes you best bet for cost right now is Snap On . The focal point is a lot shorter, the lighting is adjustable and most important they offer a right angle camera head. The right angle camera is way WAY superior to using a mirror. In fact I use there right angle camera head on Autels older borescope ( the one that looks like a scanner) . However the cameras are not longer compatible with autels  current crop of bore scopes ( different connector)

•   Level 5   
    (236) points
    ifgshooter

2015-03-24 16:51:06 (Reply to:mitch)

I received my MV108 a few days ago. It works good. And I'm fine with the resolution, but I  would really like the image to be full screen instead of the tiny window that shows up on the MaxiSYS. A longer cord would be nice as well, but that can be rectified with an extension cable. A few software tweaks from the engineers would make this a really nice tool.

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-03-25 08:16:41 (Reply to:ifgshooter)

Based on a reply from support there does not look like they will do anything with the software for the video scope. That would mean no adjustable lighting ( which is not bright enough) and no full screen / zoom. The software they are using for the scope is stock android software which means they did not write it themselves based on the need of the video scope itself. Considering the length of time they took to release this product I think it is a poor product . People would be better off buy autels regular video scope at least they can adjust the lighting on that one to make it bright enough. You would also have zoom and they have video out if you want to hook a monitor. And for camera quality and options snapon is the better choice there price is significantly higher however.

•   Level 4   
    (197) points
    tysken
    2015-03-28 12:35:31 (Reply to:mitch)
     Thanks Mitch for answer, i can wait, but would be nice if it works soon.I like to have all in the suitcase, buy i another camera i have one piece more to bring to the customers...Snap-on is good what i heard, but exactly its not cheap...

Greets Mathias

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    fritz

2015-11-15 13:41:33 (Reply to:tysken)

I got a camera with my maxisys but it has not worked since new. Support has been no
    help

•   Level 2   
    (23) points
    ceehoppy

2015-11-15 17:26:26 (Reply to:fritz)

I have the camera for my MS905- the one thing you have to know is that it won't work from the Maxisys menu. Autel never developed the software for it. The camera will "function" but you have to use the Android software- plug in the videoscope, launch the Maxi's built in camera app, then hit the small icon to switch cameras. (you won't be able to control lighting, zoom, or anything else).

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-11-16 04:15:30 (Reply to:fritz)

What's the Digital Inspection Camera are you using? And what's Maxisys version? Please go to About page to check it.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-11-16 04:17:11 (Reply to:ceehoppy)

What's the system version of Maxisys mini? Please go to About page to check it. And also what's the model of your inspection camera? MV201, 301 or MV400?

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-11-22 09:03:01 (Reply to:fritz)

That is interesting...

•   Level 3   
    (93) points
    joeyoshea

2015-11-22 09:22:58 (Reply to:tysken)

Great little camara shame for the few things also takes awhile to get use to other then
    that its another great tool just like maxisys
  Total3 Pages