Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > After being loaned the Launch Pad 071 fr...
After being loaned the Launch Pad 071 from my Mac Tools dealer. I'm considering trading in my 6 month old Mini Autel doesn't get it.

10806 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: 2015-08-04 07:23:00

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-03-18 06:37:45 (Reply to:franky)

Oh? It should have softwares inside even if it's not registered.

•   Level 3   
    (97) points
    MrInspection

2015-04-19 11:37:42 (Reply to:737mechanic)

Its shipped the way it was built, with the old softwares.  You can use the old software as long as youd like but there have been many, many improvments since its initial release.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-04-21 02:59:06 (Reply to:MrInspection)

Yes, you are correct. Customers can keep old software as it was, however, new version genearally covers more cars and functions.

•   Level 2   
    (35) points
    Placido

2015-06-14 09:53:23

when i receive mine last month came with the latest update so it's up to date once you receive it same with my maxidas i wait a year before updating the only thing is that the warranty expire in a year starting the time you get the machine

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-06-14 14:29:52 (Reply to:BillQ1971)

Hi bill. our maxi-sys uses wireless as well, Bluetooth in fact so we don't trip over wires at all. your right about the os system not being unlocked we use an old version of android and very limited .but this limitation does not affect our diagnostics in fact it makes our tool safer from adware spywares etc that are mostly found with all this apps from the play store amazon etc that will just add more issues than we already have. as far as launch goes I think why not, launch has being making great tools since the  late 90's, no aftermarket tool ever came close to launch and auto boss. the top tool in us was the snap-on modis back the in 2000 or 2001 and launch ran all over it at half the the price

and continue to surpass every other tool out there for more than a decade including the snap-on verus in 2006. but the price of the launch tool was also pretty high back in the days until Autel showed up in 2009 with the maxidas and all hells broke loose. having worked with launch for many years I started to believe that the coders from launch was developing autel's tools being they are so similar in functions and the layout of the tool is also so similar to original tools. but people will always choose one tool over the next one for one reason or the other and I think that is fine also. it will also keep all tools manufacturers in their best behavior  competing in prices and functionalities.  but I find the maxi-sys to be a better platform than  the launch pad also faster but I have not used it as much as you had, can't really say but I surely appreciate your inside and it is one tool for autel to consider to compete with. best regards ede.

•   Level 4   
    (150) points
    RayJuk

2015-06-24 01:54:31

I have both (the way I see it the more coverage you have the better), I only bought the launch after borrowing a friends for a Merc that the Autel couldn't do. But still the Autel is in my opinion the best all rounder available

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill

2015-07-03 18:42:17 (Reply to:BillQ1971)

I have the launch x431 system and an AUTEL 908p. I'll take the Autel. Safer system
    and bi directional controls are more preccise to factory. I have used so many factory
    tools it would take too long to list. My dad teaches auto diagnostics. I have an
    extensive backgound with aftermarkets as well. And own many of them. I always find
    myself reaching for the maxisys as it. Is just better in function and completeness. It
    does have missing bits and pieces but is still more stable. My launch battery is
    probably dead. Good luck.

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    wayne D

2015-07-31 21:04:03 (Reply to:BillQ1971)

An unlocked scan tool will not be as safe as the way it is right now. If you want
    something has more funtion and playing game with you should just get a laptop n load
    it up with some cracked factory software and a few interface.

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill

2015-08-04 07:23:00 (Reply to:wayne D)

Totally agree Wayne.
  Total2 Pages