Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Maxisys locks up on bootup
Maxisys locks up on bootup

8182 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: 2015-05-01 23:03:38

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    Lonnie
    2015-04-20 09:42:26 (Reply to:Lonnie)
     There has got to be some files on it or it wouldn't try to boot. Maybe I am not looking correctly. Didn't try to find read only files. Guess that's what I need to try next. If I do find them do you know which file is the one that is the boot up file? Can it be repaired or replaced?

•   Level 6   
    (712) points
    Screechie

2015-04-20 22:49:50 (Reply to:Lonnie)

There are files on it ,configure your pc to read hidden files and folders then connect to
    it again and see, reason I know there are files on it is the boot up logo is working and it
    is found on a working maxisys by clicking root explorer navigate to system, media
    there is a file called bootanimation.zip which is the boot animation and that is in the
    root of the device, so please connect again and based on what you see I might be able
    to help.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-04-21 01:54:47 (Reply to:Lonnie)

Hi, it's probably hardware issue. 

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    Lonnie
    2015-04-21 20:27:55 (Reply to:Screechie)
     I've tried 3 different computers/OS with no luck in finding any files. Our computer guy is going to look and see if he can find something when he gets time. I know there has to be something in there. I'll let you know after he looks at it.

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    Lonnie
    2015-04-21 20:43:13 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     First off let me say that I like all of your products that I have bought. But over 2K for 14 months of use is not something I can afford. I've held off buying a subscription because I already lost 2-3 weeks of updates due to the server change and people are talking that the new updates having problems. I was waiting until things get sorted out.  If buying a new subscription and sending this one off for warranty does my unit get repaired, do I get a new unit or a refurbished one? Is there any warranty that comes with it? I would hate to buy a subscription for $700-900, pay $500 for a repair and then have to pay another $500 for another repair the following month or so. Trying to weigh my options on this route or just buying another new unit.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-04-22 04:37:28 (Reply to:Lonnie)

Hi the wararnty one they will ship to you is new one, don't worry. 

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    Lonnie
    2015-05-01 20:22:17 (Reply to:Screechie)
     Thanks for all your help. Never could find any files on the MS908. Even tried putting files on a sd card but could not find them either. Decided to file an issue with Autel to see what they would say. After 5 days they responded with a few questions and gave me a phone number to call. Called the number it was tech support. After maybe 5 minutes on hold support picked up and said I had a corrupted file. He could download files on a sd card to get my scanner working again but would have to buy a new subscription to get my program files back as it would clean the whole tablet. Cost of $895.00. Figured I could purchase a subscription for less through AESWave but I already had them on the line. Maybe next person might tell me I had to send it in for warranty. Went ahead and bit the bullet. Tech support was great and got it going again. No having to send it off for warranty. Now I hope the new upgrades don't downgrade my scanner too much. Again, Screechie, thanks for all the help. Glad to have my MS back. So much better than my DS.

•   Level 6   
    (712) points
    Screechie

2015-05-01 23:03:38 (Reply to:Lonnie)

Welcome brother
  Total2 Pages