Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Maxysis coding capacity for BMW
Maxysis coding capacity for BMW

8246 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-09 12:35:10

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-05-31 07:58:03 (Reply to:Pedro)
     Yes I cant justify the cost of a Autologic, I used jlr mongoose, and Jaguar SDD on Rovers and Jaguar. The combined cost with my toughbook was about 1600.00...and I have almost same capacity as dealership.Topix will not give you the exact same capacity as the dealership when you sign online as a shop...although you have same equipment ,they must keep it proprietory. I am very please with Autels' BMW coverage  and I have  gt1 , Ista,progman, but it is sooooo slow on my Dell...but works great.Again for the money I just dont see a aftermarket scanner than comes close to Autel..

•   Level 3   
    (98) points
    Supertech

2015-05-31 11:05:58 (Reply to:912guy)

I totally agree with you aftermarket scanners most of them won't comes close to Autel.
    But Autel Maxisys pro won't do retrofit like adding stuff in to BMW,SCN coding on MB,
    Maxisys can do auto scan all control modules,But won't do Vehicle report like Autologic do run an auto scan all control modules,run CIP available update,run message warning,and run CBS report at the same time only take 3 minutes on most BMW,
    When you take the report to customer and show them the vehicle had low coolant warning message alert customer so many time and may want to check where cooling system is leaking,show customer driving with parking brake on and so many time forget buckle seatbelt,about CBS reports tell you how many time replaced front and rea brakes,service brake fluid,vehicle check up and how many time been changing engine oil for the vehicle life,some thing like this will create the trust to customer and use the tool not just for diagnostic but a good marketing tool,
    On Mercedes Benz variant coding report is another thing to be concern when working with modern automobiles.
    And soon all manufactures are going to be cloud base platform of diagnostic and programming,updating ECU software run on the cloud.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-06-07 11:19:09 (Reply to:Supertech)
     Hello but the maxysis will give you a cbs report...when you enter the cbs reset you have several options, and just last week I did a 2010 3 series  and reset the brake pad counter,it automatically generated and cbs report showing how many times the brakes,plugs,oil,cabin filters,brake fluids were reset.It shows on display and you can save it on pdf for the customer. You can also refer to the shop manager ,then go to vehicle history page to review all codes of the scanned vehicles that are saved with date,time, all codes, vehicle vin, and u can add customers name.I email these to customers and even videos of diagnoses so they can see in real live display. Autel automatically saves the info for each vehicle and vin so that you can refer back to it and print it or show customer. It also shows dtc code counter ,miles, and variation of the codes failure. If I scan a car and it shows low coolant,then I suspect a leak, I then it allow it to cool down ,so a pressure test can be performed then video record it and send video with  dtc report sheet to customer at one time. I think that is pretty darn amazing for a 2200.00 Scanner... When comparing it to Autologic,(9000-11000.00) I still think this scanner just mops the floor with anything on the market and in many cases scanner that cost double or triple...or four times as much.You will make your money back much sooner with a Autel than most..

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-06-09 04:23:02 (Reply to:912guy)

I agree with you.

Last week a client of mine have done CBS correction and have Coding & Programming all ECU of a  BMW Serie 5 from 2012, without any problem.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-06-09 12:35:10 (Reply to:Pedro)
     Yes I do not think the scanner gets enough credit...it isn't perfect but none are, but I usually try to say something good about the product instead of always the bad. All I can is Autel is listening and trying to me that means a lot.
  Total2 Pages