Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > check out this clone tool.
check out this clone tool.

7091 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-13 15:07:59

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-08 17:33:23 (Reply to:Matronix)
       yes but the best thing anyone can do is buy original manufacturer tools, its hard and costly to have all of them, one must start with the vehicle we do the most and know best how to. there is no need to get involved with all makes, that is not how the money is made for many reasons, we are humans and not robots, we can not memorize all this crap and will never specialized in anything. it is humanly impossible and too costly anyway, every area is different, in some areas there are more people with american car, others have more japs or euros,  so one most choose the area you will like to work depending on the vehicles you do best, and the tool you can afford, then expand, why will anyone spend 10k on benz to work on them once or twice a year. original tools are now cheaper than ever, just start with one. specialize in one make, the best make you can think of that is popular in your area. one example if  a customer has a honda and is looking for a shop and sees 2 shops, one is called  paul's  general auto repair and the other one is call paul's  honda tech, you know where that customer is going. that shop will always be full and they probably don't even know much about honda's either but they got all the spare parts i n the world to try. i don't have all original tools either only 7 makes, too many makes but this are the customers I have. i don't  do most european cars, or rather hardly any. my policy is if i can't do them 100% I don't touch them. anyway I thought  this post can help someone.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy

2015-07-09 04:32:11 (Reply to:ede65)

yes I started with a Launch because it was pretty decent on Euro vehicles,then as I began to specialize in certain makes I purchased OEM,but as we know anything can show up needing repair,so then I purchased a few others aftermarket scanners, and this allowed me to be able to stay broad in service but keep the specializing service because of OEM..I like some of the smaller scanner like Launch crp229 that allows me to do many things without getting a laptop and or the Autel. The biggest issue I have with the OEM laptop is the speed...very slow and I will always get my maxysis before it because of speed...and usually it will cover each subsystem the OEM does ...

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-07-09 08:56:52 (Reply to:ede65)

I do have some of the official tools and indeed, it is not possible to buy all of them. That's why I have a MaxiSys for instance. But then still I have large gaps and holes in the support of the vehicles we are getting in. So for just that reason I have some backup so I will not be stuck in those cases that my maxisys is missing out on certain needs :)

Problem overhere is that in Europe we don't have just a few major brands, there are quite a few of them and we have the Japanese brands added to the mix. They are so common that we cannot make a selection since we are a 'universal' company. Might be that in a later stadium I will make selections in what I will do myself but that is not the case right now.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-07-09 09:02:59 (Reply to:Matronix)

Also, I will keep my eye on Abrites, since it seems to have some descent functions indeed. Might be a valueable addition after all (the real one that is) so who knows.

Meanwhile I do have a tip for the ones doing a lot of Audi/VW (or Seat/Skoda), which is VCDS, really good on all VAG cars and lot's of online info. MaxiSys is closing in on a lot of those functions as well, but not quite there yet. Especially how things are documented in VCDS is a bit more user friendly. Still hoping that at a certain point I can also leave my VCDS kit at home when going out on a job and just have my Autel system(s) with me (and other necessary tools outside a diag tool)

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-09 09:29:36 (Reply to:Matronix)
     yes matronix and also 912guy you are both correct, here in usa we are lucky in that sense, we don't have half  the vehicle makes you guys have over there, so it is easier for us to make such selections, I assume you guys don't have such luxury as all this vehicles are everywhere in your area and one is as important as the next one,I understand now the importance of this tools in your area, hope autel does too, and fix all issues, also noticed many times that our software are different, they are not developing yours as they are ours and not fair either, it should be equally distributed specially when we are all in the same website, another autel's  mistake in every sense of the word. but that is another subject. 

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-09 10:07:27 (Reply to:Matronix)
     I have an original advi with a couple of vehicles, no euro though, and although it is a great tool with some great features and engineering functions it is not a great diagnostic tool, a good addition yes, not for the vehicles I have anyway, in comparison with original manufacturer tool. I assume it may be different for europe but for usa vehicles it is best and cheaper to buy originals manufacturer ones.  advi is very expensive, you could blow  50k or so easily. yes autel and vag group is more like vas and odis functions, I haven't yet been able to do anything on this vag vehicles, all this codes one must used  just complicate things so much and takes too much time. I have a neighbor with a vw and another one has an audi, they keep asking me how good this cars are and I keep telling  them is a peace of sh**t and only the dealer can fix them, and to go get a Gm, I don't know if is true or not but I know I can't fix them  don't even want to get involve with to be honest, have way too much headaches with what i do.. 

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-07-09 14:30:05 (Reply to:ede65)

i only use vcds on VAG  group cars its one of the best software/hardware out there sometimes a bit cryptic but for the money-support -and online tutorials its fantastic but the best thing is there are NO bugs so what you see you can trust is correct.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-09 16:52:35 (Reply to:busaman)
     great tip thanks , I have seen the tool even been to their site a few times but never bought it. I have tried vas and odis and they are way too different to what am used to. i will give it a try though, thanks buddy

•   Level 2   
    (40) points
    russellboyce6868

2015-07-11 11:58:53 (Reply to:ede65)

Yes I know someone who got one will not work the usa now stuck with the unit the
    price was good no good to buy he took chance

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-07-13 14:59:07 (Reply to:russellboyce6868)

do you mean he bought VCDS  OR AVDI both will work fine in the US.unless its faulty.
  Total3 Pages