Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > For Sale Maxisys Mini ms 905 $50 OBO
For Sale Maxisys Mini ms 905 $50 OBO

5214 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-21 07:24:51

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219
    2015-07-17 17:38:19 (Reply to:ede65)
     wow i didn't realize this post would yield so much info. Should I be worried about any new "system" updates which would further degrade this tool? What are all the vci updates?         Hummmm......

•   Level 4   
    (121) points
    77fxe

2015-07-17 19:07:23 (Reply to:witsend)

Everything you said is very true. Lets turn the tables a little. Lets see the end result at the receiving end. Lets say you have a customer that downloaded gm 7.0 and their sub expired 2 days later, to find that there is major problems with updates (not just missing features).Is this the cutomers fault?They new this and came out with fix shortly after.This customer does not feel that they caused a problem by pressing the update button.The customer calls autel US only to find out they cannot send a hit out just for one mfg its all or nothing. They did tell the customer how to do reset on tablet but may wipe everything out. According to them its not supposed to, its supposed to reboot and provide current fixes. Guess what, customer decided to do reboot because 7.0 was not cutting it and now has no diagnostic apps at all.Keep in mind customer was thinking of buying other products from you (not now).So now you have a wanting to be loyal customer give their 2000.00 dollar tablet to their 2 year old child to beat on.( yes a diagnostic tool is useless without mfg apps). This is all due to gm 7.0 update.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy

2015-07-17 19:58:56 (Reply to:ede65)

I hear that...im a euroguy..jag,bmw,few mercs, and audi...but some asian stuff
    too..maybe it will get better....maybe not, but I am thankful I have oem equipment and
    can't and won't solely depend on autel ....wow so sad...I really want this company to
    succeed and make a great product...

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-17 22:48:10 (Reply to:912guy)

well i don't see that happening anytime soon, all i see are excuses on top of excuses, a software is structure in a certain way, built from the ground up, not scatter all over the place like autel is doing with their reverse engineering, options and features are setup in the way they are for a reason. as you can see its easier to copy , not so easy making them. although I don't work on europe cars for a living, i don't need to thanks god, i do have all their original tools as well as all american and japs, its not just my passion it is also my hobby as well. i have a good 150k in tools probably more, and even though i don't use europe much i like having them. I guess what am trying to say is basically that i don't need aute'ls tools at all, thanks god again, they need me, nor do i use it  much and lately hardly at all, other than for testing purpose. I loved this tool a year ago when it used to work, anyone saying this tool is reliable at this moment does not work on cars for a living, otherwise would have noticed at least half the problems. I will assure anyone interested in knowing of all the issues we have, besides being in the forum allover the place. am not fighting for me brother am fighting for all of you. 

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219
    2015-07-18 08:25:31 (Reply to:ede65)
      Let me be the first to say THANK YOU. ede for all your work and fighting for this tool. You have devoted a considerable about of time and effort for all of us I appreciate all your efforts. Whatever becomes of this tool is up to autel. I think if they fix the problems people might buy updates. If it continues like this I will revert my tool back as far as I can and live with what I have. The end. Have a good day man.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-18 09:15:11 (Reply to:77fxe)

yes roger that is exactly right, and they will expire you also one day earlier than your expiration date, by china time my guess. many were left with a useless tool. not just gm version 7.0 but also benz 6.20 or so  was a mess, ford and chrysler was destroyed as well, just to mention a few. not to mention the ecu's that has been ruined already with their bmw and benz software, the gm flashing on line tactic they used to sell the 908p and their crappy maxiflash-pro shit of a passthru. vci they have also destroyed with the latest updates released. when I say do not buy their product I really mean that. and if they, autel is not bringing back the OM functions and feature there is no point in buying updates or tolls ever. for that crap we could have kept snap-on and the rest of the aftermarket tools which at this point is almost equal to autel without the bugs and hassles. that is how screwed up this tools are. I have another post somewhere suggesting to buy original manufacturer tools, they are at a 1/3 of the price they used to be. the world is competing for the cheapest product and prices and no one thinks about quality anymore. most shit we buy now a days are made in china and most of them need to be returned for been defective, on any field not just automotive. it's like a virus. anyway I can help you restore your tool to a useful one. email me.

•   Level 4   
    (111) points
    brad

2015-07-18 16:57:58 (Reply to:ede65)

[quote]it's like a virus. anyway I can help you restore your tool to a useful one. email me.[/quote]

I would grateful if you could help me restore my maxisys pro to a more useful state, I wish that I never updated this thing...
    There should be some type of law to prevent Autel from down grading our tools, it's a sad situation all around.
    Thanks for any and all help, Brad 
    surgeon745@yahoo.com

•   Level 2   
    (15) points
    qxz9027mkii

2015-07-21 03:02:58 (Reply to:ede65)

Hi Ede

I am really grateful that there is someone like you in this forum because without you I cnosider it useless.

I would greatly appreciate it if you can help me get my maxisys pro to work.

My email is abdulla@rdr-garage.com

Regards,
    Abdulla

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-21 07:24:51 (Reply to:qxz9027mkii)

Hi,  as  I said on my other post, no software in the world will help you. our new software have all kinds of issues but none related to your issues at hand. I will say you have a bad vci, not been able to connect to any vehicles has nothing to do with software but hardware. re-flash your vci with the latest update, the solution maybe there. good luck.  first I want to make sure the sharing of old software is not going to get anyone in trouble here, including and specially my self. 
  Total2 Pages