Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > I was just thinking... it would be nice ...
I was just thinking... it would be nice if in a future update you could include software that would allow you to scan the VIN barcode in cars that do not support VIN reading with the camera Like a QR code scanner. Just a suggestion

3613 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-15 02:01:05

•   Level 4   
    (127) points
    Nickthegreek
    2015-09-14 12:15:37 (Reply to:busaman)
    You just complained about this very same problem 4 days ago and acted like a child to
    Autel and now you claim it is the least of our worries??????

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-09-14 12:17:24 (Reply to:Nickthegreek)

well i have to disagree the time wasted getting the correct ID is nothing compared to coding something with the wrong software (of which i am still waiting for support to fix over 2 months ago).

and have the customer giving you a hard time calling wanting to know when your going to fix it correctly(when it was working fine in the first place)

so for me auto id is the bottom of the list

•   Level 4   
    (127) points
    Nickthegreek
    2015-09-14 12:26:43 (Reply to:busaman)
    Typing in a VIN opens you up to making errors and support politely told you that. The
    problem is not the software. Scanning a barcode would most likely have put in the
    right VIN and you would not have that issue. It was more human error than sotware
    that led to the issue

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-09-15 02:01:05 (Reply to:Nickthegreek)

Nick the problem i have was not with the VIN being incorrect(which was auto-detected by maxisys) but AUTEL software was not correct for that VIN and still has not been fixed so if anyone else try,s to update the radio with enhanced Bluetooth enabled they will lose it also.

don't believe me be my guest and try for yourself..... i have been around long enough to know if it was my fault or a software issue no tool is perfect but the maxisys now has more than its fair share of errors.
  Total2 Pages