Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > is time to buy a better scanner
is time to buy a better scanner

7922 Views 36 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-30 21:58:55

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-09-07 00:18:46 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)

I suppose if people  work mostly  on a certain make of car, they  can print the pdf  pages out for their make ,then when they have a software issues where the special functions are absent or do not work as advertised they could highlight the specially function  codes in green yellow or red marker and document the datalog sent date and show a pattern of success or failure on using the special functions listed as supported.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-09-07 01:25:33 (Reply to:witsend)

that may be of some use but in fairness we pay AUTEL for the tool and subscriptions its their job to sort the mess out the truth is they are just not working hard enough i for one wont be renewing my subs in October and if things don't vastly improve not at all.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-09-07 02:30:13 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)

Hi, Maxisys can support power steering control module on 2007 Chevy equinox. Please help to check if you have selected No in Traction control. There is power steering  control module when you select Yes. Please try. If there is still problem, can you please upload a data log for our engineers to check? Thanks!

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    NotUpThere

2015-09-07 02:36:31

I have a few AM scan tools including a MaxiSys. I updated it from the MaxiDas.
    I recently purchased the Launch Scanpad 101. I didn't think I would ever buy a Launch tool, they always seemed like a cheap semi-professional tool.
    I am really impressed with the Launch. It has great coverage that doesn't only go back as far as OBDII. It connects to the bluetooth much faster than the MaxiSys. Navigation and vehicle scanning for modules is very fast. The ford power balance is the best I have seen on an AM tool.
    So far I am very pleased with the Scanpad. The GOLO idea seems pretty neat also. I have been test driving a golo device and it works well. I can perform remote diagnostics on any OBDII vehicle using GOLO.
    If you are losing faith with the MaxiSys, I suggest that you consider test driving one of the Android Launch tools.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-09-07 03:24:54 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)

Hi, I have fed back the problem to our engineers. Can you please help us to get this problem solved? We here need more information of it. Can you please advise the software version that had these functions before and the one that you are using with these functions missing? Also can you advise one detailed car model, year and VIN code that cannot do steering angle calibration and steering angle data? A data log from you will be most helpful and appreciated. Thanks!

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    RLAFFECT

2015-09-07 09:28:37 (Reply to:Autel Support)

i keep my maxisys  mini updated to present   i have gm version 7.30    i did select yes  for traction control  in my mini and the power steering  control module  is not there.    also  we have a maxisys  a 908 p  in the shop   and the 908p  does not have  the power steering control module. and the 908p  is also updated to present.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-09-07 15:13:40 (Reply to:NotUpThere)

does the LAUNCH work better than the maxisys as i am slowly getting fed up with the problems with MAXISYS i hope you don't have to constantly upload data-logs to problems that should not be there in the first place interesting to know as i might get a loan one to try for a while........

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    NotUpThere

2015-09-07 16:09:41 (Reply to:busaman)

I came into the Launch with very low expectations so that may be influencing my overall impression.
    I have only owned it for a few weeks but I have been testing it against the MaxiSys as much as I can.
    I don't see high end luxury vehicles or the newest models. The MaxiSys seems to devote a lot of the development on vehicles that would still be under warranty or only wall street suits could afford to own.
    The Launch has communicated with every vehicle I have tried it on, that includes 2015 models as well as vehicles from the early 90's.
    I haven't had any issues yet, so no need for log files. But the Launch has a really awesome feature where it builds a list of log files for the last 10 vehicles you connected. You just go into settings, choose diagnostic feedback, select the vehicle and hit submit.
    Updates are pretty frequent. I get a couple of updates per week. They are super fast to download and install.
    The Launch user interface itself isn't as pretty as the MaxiSys. The overall layout of the Launch isn't as nice either but the tool itself seems faster than the MaxiSys. Navigating back and forward, in and out of menus and modules seems much quicker on the Launch.
    I am pretty happy with it so far and I have talked a couple of friends into buying one. I suggest that you give one a test drive and see how it goes for you., everyone has different needs in their tooling.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-09-08 04:43:56 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)

Hi, can you please upload a data log for our engineers to check? Thanks!

•   Level 2   
    (26) points
    Wrenchbender07

2015-09-08 09:19:06 (Reply to:auto f j musa)

I bought a Launch Scanpad 101, wisest move I've made in years. Abolutely impressed
    with it. Tool dealer wouldn't accept my maxisys for trade in, Hm ? Makes me wonder.

Wonder how long this thread will be up before support pulls it down!

Total4 Pages