Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
pin code reading

6073 Views 19 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-30 03:03:29

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill

2015-09-17 10:45:33 (Reply to:busaman)

Definitly need d pin reading. But if you can't install the pin where needed what is the
    use. Need it for Chrysler also. You can get a locksmith license and have access to pin
    codes from natsf.

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill

2015-09-17 10:47:05 (Reply to:Wild Bill)

Nastf

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-09-17 11:01:20 (Reply to:Pedro)
     its a start but the old versions already had that option.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-09-17 21:03:56 (Reply to:busaman)

I see support chimed in and says they are developing for listed manufacturers but what you have probably won't get much better than current but that's Autel decision. Saw this issue developing in 2012-2013  when Nastf got in bed with the OEM's and ASA automotive association who believe that the OEM's will give the independent market what they need to service vehicles but you must become a security professional first with NASTF so all activity can be monitored by them and law enforcement. You'll see that option on all subscription based OEM websites using J2534 or OEM tooling. If a scan tool manufacturer puts it in their software it's at their discretion but I suppose they risk some consequences from OEM's. Supposedly all security starting in 2014 will be handled this way in the future so it's a problem for us in the after-market. How we deal with it probably will wind up be a mixed bag meaning Autel does a few car lines some other scanner does other car lines, an after-market key programmer does some and so on. I see you stated Ford even went back further than the original plan so I guess that's possible with all OEM's. Probably best we can do is talk to each other if somebody inputs success with certain tooling and/or websites as a work-around till it all shakes out. Good idea to keep this post in forefront. My only best suggestions currently are 1)Do what you already did and feedback need to your current scan tool manufacturer 2) Become a security professional so at least your not locked-out 3)I did recently check Abrites.com because their AVDI unit works with some OEM scantool software I own and they offer full security packages by car-line since their a master locksmith in Europe but it's cost prohibitive to me. Keep talking about this maybe we'll eventually get an acceptable solution  where we can continue to work.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-09-18 01:15:05 (Reply to:tech54)
     the reason for needing it is not key coding (not for me anyway 2-3 a year) but for module initialization etc.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-09-19 20:22:53 (Reply to:busaman)

I hear Ya. I also have limited need which comes up when replacing certain modules that are tied to security and it's a big problem if whatever tooling  you own can't do security. For the mobile tech doing advanced diagnostic functions all day long the heavy investment probably will pay off but for guys like you and me and most smaller shops you have to justify the expenditure or sublet to varying degrees that's why I said it's good to hound manufacturers of existing tooling for that special function. Going forward past 2014 when it comes up even though currently I can handle 80 percent of OEM's don't know what will happen. I'll find out soon how F****** I am as we have a body shop which mostly is late model work so it'll come up for now it's just been SRS units mostly. Me personally I won't be able probably to get security professional approval as I have a 40 year old felony conviction so this is why I do a lot of research about tooling and advanced functions. Most OEM short-term subscription pricing for security so you can finish the job aren't that unreasonable you should be able to cover cost in billing simply by listing programming or internet fees to customer that's why I mentioned the security professional path for now as an option.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-09-21 01:37:19 (Reply to:tech54)
     i guess that is an option if they release what you need, with a 40 felony conviction your in the same age bracket as me getting ready to look at retiring so i wouldn't get too stressed  what make of vehicle do you mainly do.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-09-21 18:21:10 (Reply to:busaman)

Na not really stressed just get annoyed by current developments in the industry geared to killing the independent shop. My brother is capable of becoming security professional he's just lazy about it for now but he'll work 5-10 more years than me and the young guy with us just  trying to keep him up to date as best possible. Body shop OEM car lines varies greatly as that's what's popular currently with personal owner's.Fleet accounts still 80 percent domestic mostly trucks while repair more older vehicles but like body shop again changes constantly more to do with who's giving longer warranties before you see them. Overall pretty dam close to a 33.3 percent each Domestic,Asian(inc.Korean) and European. Hey by the way 40 years ago not a 40 count I wasn't that bad a kid just a little wild.

•   Level 2   
    (46) points
    SUNNY72

2015-09-29 18:16:29

The G SCAN 2 encodes the Mazda and Ford brand level.
    The device provides the 4-digit coding and other key multi manufacturers such as
    Hyundai
    Kia
    Mazda
    Ford
    Nissan
    Chevrolet
    Mitsubishi
    Chrysler and much more.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-09-30 03:03:29 (Reply to:SUNNY72)

Are you here to Promote the G-Scan 2 or, what......................?

People are trying to post there problems with Autel Tool and you keep talking about G-Scan 2 can do this or can do that so, now they should go buy G-Scan Tool...............?  And what will they do with Autel Tool which they already bought it...............?

We all know there are many tools out there which can do more than what Autel tool can't do it but, again we also know what Autel tool can do is what other few tools can't do.....................by people posting there problems here is the reason that support team can look in to it so, they can make it better tool............

Total2 Pages