Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > our results after update
our results after update

7315 Views 29 Replies Latest reply: 2015-11-15 03:36:07

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-10-26 17:38:12 (Reply to:Pedro)

Might be so, but there are more cars missing and I do agree that the auto VIN reading is still not that good to say the least.

Bosch KTS has no problems with cars before 2009? And not just a few brands, but about all cars are read fine and really fast. Also it auto recognises ECU types better (I still need to check online by licenseplate or VIN which ECU type (or engine) is in a car, why can that not be done automatically).

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-10-27 03:50:46 (Reply to:Matronix)

I think, and is just my opinion, in order to AUTO VIN work good they have to input all the VIN in the tool.

I think this is a little software that can decode the VIN and guide you to the correct label. And in order to do that it has to have all the VIn.

But I think this could work better if the auto code vin, could connect to a server were as all the information about VIN and in that way it can decode more accuracy. 

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-10-27 13:19:36 (Reply to:Pedro)

as far as i can tell most VIN numbers only detect engine code and model so that wouldn't be to hard to install..

•   Level 3   
    (98) points
    Supertech

2015-10-27 21:36:56 (Reply to:Pedro)

Instead of auto VIN detection I did request them a while back to integrate the camera already have on the scan tool use that to scan barcode VIN on vehicle door jam to decode every vehicles VIN is that too hard to do ?

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-11-12 00:29:04 (Reply to:Supertech)

In my opinion, that way is more difficult and not very precise.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-11-13 00:32:54 (Reply to:Supertech)

we don't need it to be any more complicated than it already is half the stuff that should work doesn't. as far as i can see with mine the system is much less stable than it was six months ago it never used to stop working or freeze up...... now i would think twice before i did any coding that could damage the car i just don't trust it.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-11-14 01:43:33 (Reply to:busaman)

I never had a freeze. But can you be more precise with your problems. I don't know if that kind problems happens more in some countries and continents than the others. Because not all the cars and the brands are the same.

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill

2015-11-14 22:28:04 (Reply to:busaman)

I've never had a freeze. Older cars do not have a vin read capability. You have to go
    through systems do diagnose. And there is a 2014 leaf. Maybe your tool has a glitch
    and needs a reinstall on some of your software

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-11-15 03:28:47 (Reply to:Pedro)

hi Pedro when i say freeze it just stops working and says (maxisys has stopped working)!!!!!! it never used to before all the radical system updates i live in the UK and its not particular about which brand it can do it anytime..

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-11-15 03:36:07 (Reply to:Wild Bill)

well Bill you must be the lucky on to not have a frozen tab.....
    i am going by the functions that used to work and now simply DONT i don't think you have the vauxhall(Opel) range in the US that is one of the worst affected

i don't have the option to reinstall my software as my subscription has run out and i wont be renewing it until AUTEL gets its s**t together and brings out something worth paying for....

like i have said many times what used to be a great tool is now little more than a code reader on some platforms...
  Total3 Pages