Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
autocom 2 maxisys 0

5151 Views 19 Replies Latest reply: 2015-12-03 19:53:49

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-11-28 12:01:21 (Reply to:Support02)
     why the old systems USED  to read them on some makes

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-11-30 05:57:22 (Reply to:busaman)

For this question, I remembered we explained many times before. Actually it was a mistake to put this function into the menu of the previous version. Only limited models can be read PIN very casually.  When we found this problem, we removed this button from the menu, because we know most vehicles can't read the PIN code. It is to avoid confusion and complains from customers.

After that we received many feedback and demands about this function, so our R&D decided to take it into our development schedule. Now this function is under development.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-11-30 06:02:45 (Reply to:Matronix)

Hi Matronix, as for the older Benz, we received the datalog about your vehicle-c200 benz 1999. After checking, this car is not OBDII, that's why the auto-in failed.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-11-30 08:21:34 (Reply to:Matronix)
     did it have 38pin round socket under the hood (obd) or the 16 pin inside the car (obd2 from 1998>on)

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-11-30 20:43:48 (Reply to:Support02)

It has 38pin. Did auto vin before, was ok. I never asked for OBDII (car does not support that I guess). The problem is the auto vin does not work anymore but also, If I choose the same car as before (have it in history), the 'injection' , which is Engine module, does not work anymore!

I will check functions on the maxidas708 later on to see what we had there and what we have now but engine module really has to become available again, this is crucial!

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-11-30 20:58:14 (Reply to:Matronix)
     that sounds about right there in such a mess now they don't know what did and didn't function.... most of it used to now not much works properly.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-12-03 18:07:27 (Reply to:busaman)

When that  MaxiSys first came out  I was hoping to sell my DS 708 by now to offset the cost of upgrading , but since the Ford Lawsuit , The loss of OE logos and the awesomeness of having thinly veiled reverse engineered OE software at fingertips that  worked at least 80% of the time the option showed on the menu.  An inordinate amount of time and effort and money is now required as  Autel struggles , probably  has parasitic copyright  lawyers up the Ying Yang like flies on sh@t,  and now being forced to StrapOn ify things  or else,  starting with turning  all the older thinly veiled OE software into  Autel's own style and architecture. Some times things just get lost in the translation,  and all it takes is a few zeros and ones to be in the wrong places to cause havoc , and functions are lost as Computer nerds check endlessly for application errors in coding for 12 hours straight creating  totally redesigned software instead of just f@cking copying what works and improving what could be better with the OE software.  No matter how much you try changing and patch things up on The Yellow Brick Road of of a Cloned Wizzrd of Carz, some F@ckin Greedy Western Lawyers will want road to be made wider, safer, find any Culpability of Asphalt( AssFault), add side walks with grab rails so Dorthy can hold the rail while picking up after Toto on the way, and the Scare crow is  already scaring me and the  tin man  away .
      Come on guys , I want to have a reason to upgrade to a Maxi Sys here soon other than to get newer car coverage . I want any of you guys , if you see old  functions returning and new functions added and just generally got through the day with it where it totally shined for you with latest software version, please post your success  stories besides just complaining about problems encountered.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-12-03 18:30:56 (Reply to:witsend)
     even today the newest land-rover v4.402 wont reset service indicator i had to go back to the last version 4.31 im getting sick and tired of this crap i don't have enough hours in a day to do their work for them...

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-12-03 19:03:07 (Reply to:busaman)

So you  did the Maxi Sys System optimization upgrade and updated everything to the latest versions , and still able to copy and paste older backup software versions to your Maxi Sys and an older software version still works ?

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-12-03 19:53:49 (Reply to:witsend)
     email me busaman@btinternet.com
  Total2 Pages