Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > 2010 mini cooper S dme flash
2010 mini cooper S dme flash

5365 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: 2015-12-13 01:36:27

•   Level 4   
    (103) points
    johnthedon
    2015-12-07 18:44:41
     Thanks for you advice bossman wants to go wit a new dme. So u are saying dont even use the autel j2534 with bwm tech info

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-12-08 07:52:09 (Reply to:johnthedon)

i don't see a problem with the pass through side of it just don't use autels software (but i wont guarantee it will work)

•   Level 4   
    (103) points
    johnthedon
    2015-12-09 20:41:18
     any clue how to get ista/p to recognize the  j2534

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-12-09 21:44:22 (Reply to:johnthedon)

that could be a problem as its only meant for icom im not sure so i don't know what to suggest do you have any other tools..

•   Level 4   
    (111) points
    brad

2015-12-10 01:49:46 (Reply to:johnthedon)

I don't think the Autel j2534 will work, the Cardaq and Snapon boxes will.
    This may help >>  http://www.nastf.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3643

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-12-10 08:18:21 (Reply to:brad)

good post brad...

•   Level 4   
    (103) points
    johnthedon
    2015-12-12 18:03:59
    just an update...ok so when on minitechinfo  they give you 3 files  one for ista one for icom driver and one bmw passthru manager for  your own pass thru device.. when ista/p didnt recognize my autel box i was using windows xp because all i had was xp or 10. i went home did a fresh instal of windows 7.. installed autel j2534 driver  then installed bmw passthru manager selected autel box and exit i did not install icom driver second time because i dont have the device figured it was pointless    then i installed ista files and boom it recognized the autel box and gave the audible beep with the usb light on. when it got to the read vin function it failed  leading me to think this was the end of the road. however we sent the car to bmw and they called an hour later stating they cannot connect either and they need to replace a ulf communication module. somehow they say this module communicates which modules are in the car for ista to flash to correct files. at this piont im thinking of blowing the 30 bucks again to see if i can get info out of another car  has anyone made it to this point

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-12-13 01:36:27 (Reply to:johnthedon)

Probably worth spending the subscription price to see if all working on a known good vehicle so that you can depend on Autel's J-box in the future. Really only need to use the scanner functionality to check and you could see what they give you for a measured plan on that vehicle and I say it should all work if you get that far  and leave laptop set-up only for BMW/Mini it's recommended. I know the cardaq-plus works flawlessly with ISTA/ISTAP as have programmed four vehicles using measured plan with integration upgrades. BMW stopped using XP close to 2 years ago and probably won't develop Windows 10 for now (too new) so your window probably will be a few years of use. Be fore-warned Ista always wants to go through every box of the vehicle upgrade integration level if necessary then code and program all modules it decides in measured plan which you agree to start process. Very time consuming one vehicle took just about 24 hours to complete others 2 to 6 hours. Supposedly they were working on being able to do just one module or groups of related modules but haven't used it for over a year maybe two but worth having the capability even on the scanner side as cost not prohibitive to use. Not sure what an ULF module is off the top of my head but I'll guess it's the gateway module if not for all then most or a grouping of related modules which gets back to the point if ISTA can't go out and make a measured plan for all modules it'll decide you have fix a certain one first (Don't trust it) had a BMW 328 I-Drive that it kept telling me to fix parking aid module first with symptom of steering lock icon on in driver information but wheel not locked and vehicle starts and runs. Real problem was that gateway module after reading key from cassette is suppose to activate a bunch of fuses in central electronics box if ok but didn't and one of those fuses was parking aid so basically ISTA got fooled and only found a symptom not root cause. Have had limited success with hard reset of gateway modules to get proper communication again even if only temporary gets you pointed in right direction.
  Total2 Pages