Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Unable to back up maxisys
Unable to back up maxisys

3869 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: 2016-06-20 09:29:52

•   Level 4   
    (157) points
    Howie
    2016-06-14 21:17:01 (Reply to:witsend)
     I've only had this tool for a bout 3wks now so the answer to your question is no but would be interesting to hear from someone who has. I am only backing up my software as that is what i says to do in the brochure that came with the tool and i followed there instructions step for step. so with this in mind if my subscription does expire and the tool crashes and this back up software proves to be useless or just gives me limited funcionality i won't be a happy chappie. I mean would autel really do this crafty move on us i mean if  it gets proven it wouldn't look very good for them would it. Let's see what they make of this thread and let's see where it goes and what answers we get i can send them the screenshots of both sd card folders/files if needed so they can see the difference. Oh where are u in the uk? 

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-06-15 09:22:43 (Reply to:Howie)

You only need to backup the whole Scan folder. But if you upgrade your system program, the old version in Scan folder may be not compatible with the newer system version.

So the premise is not to upgrade the system program. If your expired, and not upgrade the system program after backup, you can still use the backup file without issues.

•   Level 4   
    (157) points
    Howie
    2016-06-15 14:24:26 (Reply to:Support02)
     Ok cool, So what you are saying is don't update firmware after subscription has expired?

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim

2016-06-18 12:41:45 (Reply to:Support02)

when I back up my scan folder near the end of transfer window pops up saying file name to long for the destination file

and suggests to shorting file name

what can I do

Does this mean the I cant use it for backup and is not going to work

Jim

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-06-20 09:28:20 (Reply to:Howie)

If you are inclined to backup, please always back up the files after system udpating.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-06-20 09:29:52 (Reply to:Jim)

As for your case, you only need to backup Scan folder only. Don't change anything in this folder, otherwise it will be failed to be recognized.
  Total2 Pages