Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > UPDATES NOW AVAILABLE!!! ( BUT OVERPRICE...
UPDATES NOW AVAILABLE!!! ( BUT OVERPRICED!!)

14097 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2013-12-10 06:27:15

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    LEVIDMAX
    2013-12-10 06:27:15 (Reply to:TJ3)

First off I would like to say that no one here is crying!! Fact one the DS708 has been around since 2007 and is not a new scan tool. Fact two the DS 708 is a good tool for the price but it seems to me that you are the one who has not used it enough to experience all of the holes it has! Fact three you can buy a new DS708 for $1300 new! Now if Autel has fixed a lot of their software issues with some of their new updates then that will have to be seen! As for the OS on these two scan tools I know they are different the Maxisys uses a Android OS and the DS708 uses a Windows platform. YOU seem to be the one confused! I said the software that is used to diagnose the vehicles NOT the platform used!! If you want to do an injustice to your customers by using a tool that provides incorrect pid information, missing functions, functions that are there but do not work at all then good luck to you sir. By the way I bought my DS708 from AES Wave over a year and half ago. So I do have a lot of experience as to what this tool can and cannot do. I do live in Phoenix AZ USA. If you feel that I'm not giving the DS708 any credit I am sorry but the fact is this tool just cannot be trusted to perform like Autel said it would. If the new Maxisys turns out to be a better tool then great but as for me I will keep up to date on other forums I am a part of and see if others out there have issues with this new tool. As for the DS708 6 years of updates and it still has a lot technicians unhappy with what it cannot do. Yes for the price it is worth it but that is not the issue. If I may suggest you should check out IATN and become a member they have a lot of information as well as user experiences that anyone will find useful. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Total2 Pages