Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Program a used pcm on Ford Escape
Program a used pcm on Ford Escape

5282 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: 2017-02-25 07:58:16

•   Level 2   
    (17) points

2017-02-16 16:17:47
     Yep looks like a clone doesn't work.I had a key cut for the 08 Escape  at a local parts store and they programmed it.
    The car starts no problem with both keys but since I'm changing pcm and programming to the latest calibration files I need 2 keys to do the PATS and after the 10 minutes wait security is granted then do the ignition key code erase and program.Then it tells me that I need 2 keys to start the vehicle.After it says all known keys have been erased you must now program a minimum of 2 keys.I do the cycling of the key for 3 seconds for both keys but no dice ,the car won't start and when I check for codes it tells me that antitheft has been disabled because only one key has been programmed.
    Anybody has run into this? Is it because of the clone key? Any ideas will be appreciated

•   Level 2   
    (17) points

2017-02-16 16:23:10 (Reply to:witsend)
      Yep looks like a clone doesn't work.I had a key cut for the 08 Escape  at a local parts store and they programmed it.
    The car starts no problem with both keys but since I'm changing pcm and programming to the latest calibration files I need 2 keys to do the PATS and after the 10 minutes wait security is granted then do the ignition key code erase and program.Then it tells me that I need 2 keys to start the vehicle.After it says all known keys have been erased you must now program a minimum of 2 keys.I do the cycling of the key for 3 seconds for both keys but no dice ,the car won't start and when I check for codes it tells me that antitheft has been disabled because only one key has been programmed.
    Anybody has run into this? Is it because of the clone key? Any ideas will be appreciated.

•   Level 4   
    (153) points
    Emmanuel89

2017-02-24 06:17:44 (Reply to:)

It's probably a bad key or non chipped, aftermarket keys don't always take the program
    I only trust Strattec or OEM

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-02-25 07:49:14 (Reply to:justenecalamayan)

your are correct, 100% 

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-02-25 07:58:16 (Reply to:)

bad key for sure or one of them has been cloned with the other one in which case you only have one key , 2 keys are needed. as soon as you show the vehicle a second key it will start right up but after a pcm replacement you have to do a parameter reset, not erase reprogram keys. a parameter reset will also erase and reprogram the 2 keys but also the secret code is transferred to the correct module when replaced. but the first step here is not pats programming but pcm programming rather, calibration is by vin number and the first step is to read the original pcm if available to transfer all info to the new one and rewrite the vehicles vin number or do  an as built module config , then pats/ parameter reset.
  Total2 Pages