Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Charging issue after update
Charging issue after update

2838 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2017-06-12 15:37:08

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    babarhyd
    2017-06-08 07:42:42
     My maxisys ms906 won't charge after I updated the software two days back. Update was regarding battery life improvement... Well it has improved but sadly now it won't charge through OBD2 port... Any leads to this issue? 

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2017-06-08 08:04:48 (Reply to:babarhyd)

As in the update information (and this forum)

charge through OBD2 port is disabled since the last update.

So charge in the included device and plug only.

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    babarhyd
    2017-06-08 08:09:50 (Reply to:fware)
     Ohh.. Really? Why is that? It was a nice feature.... 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-06-12 15:37:08 (Reply to:babarhyd)

I  think it was just a Downgrade D@ck Azz move on Autel's part removing this valuable feature on their Price Point scanners . They say it is so the batteries can last longer, then why  don't LG , Samsung , Motorola, warn you not to compromise the battery life of your phones  charging them from a USB cable adapter off a 12 V Cigar lighter socket? I wonder when the battery lives dwindle to 30 minutes or less 2 years from now , if you be able to keep a MS906 or DS808 battery up  from the USB cable plugged to 12V lighter socket USB charge adapter?
      I'm thinking Autel might  just be trying to  avoiding a rash of scanner warranty claims ,opting to use cheaper slightly below industry standard Lithium batteries where more  make past their 1 yr warranty periods .  Repair or replacement of the batteries then would be at our expense out of warranty ( if the DLC charging feature gets removed now to.
       I think If Autel really had our best interest at heart, their support would be second to none, support would still be on the User Forum to answer questions,  and they would provide a backup partition for restoring your  Scan tool software in minutes if something goes wrong.  
  Total1 Pages