Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Free Updates DS708

8697 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: 2017-12-08 00:34:44

•   Level 3   
    (85) points
    cpj14

2017-11-15 19:44:09 (Reply to:witsend)

Thanks for the link, it was kind of confusing in the beginning though.  Bottom line is you can update you scanner this moment a no cost and that is good for a lot of people. What do you think of the Maxys is 100% better than the 708, does it have more and better functionality?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-11-25 15:29:35 (Reply to:cpj14)

I put the blank SD card in the DS708 first which displayed a install SD card picture , turned off  and tried to update card through PC Suite and was only able to install the later system software onto the brand new card , but still got message "No updates are available for this tool." I'm skeptical, Formatted SD card and the system upgrade was at 6.32,second attempt the system on card was 6.33 (My old system on working card is version 6.31.   I would not want to  risk putting this card now with new system firmware and no car makes on it into  my DS 708 to try in the DS708 and then repeat attempt to download car makes on PC suite for fear the  older software versions cards are no longer going to work any longer (like what they did with Maxi Sys ) and then I could end up with no working software at all. Final Court Order of Ford Lawsuit Fullfillment, Bait people with a  free final update a few people will be able to download ,then  disable all old version software from working with installing new System Version firmware  and the rest will have to rush to find  an authorized dealer to buy The  Final dumbed down versions to get bricks working before end of year , Ingenius,  LOL

•   Level 5   
    (236) points
    ifgshooter

2017-12-05 20:18:54

Actually, this is very misleading. Autel support said this.

Autel Support
    2017-09-06 08:15:30 (Reply to:dasmechanic)
    Dear Customers,
    For DS708 units whose update expired after 2015-01-01, we have enabled free update license. If your update expire on 2017, no need to buy the new update, you can download new software on Update page directly.

My updates expired in 2014, and it won't let me update my back-up memory card. My shop has a unit that expired in 2016, and it's allowing me to update the back-up memory card. Support should allow for ALL DS708 units to be updated, not just a select few. I don't understand the point of it, since they're no longer selling updates on the units. They are not really loosing any money on this, since quite a few people have upgraded to the MaxiSys and MaxiSys Elite long ago.

Come on Support, offer free DS708 updates to everyone please.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-12-06 00:49:10 (Reply to:ifgshooter)

Yeah, Thanks for the information, mine expired in August 2014. It's a shame I tossed away $15 for a new 16 GB SD card that I'll likely never have a need for again and a good couple hours spent trying to get it to update off a software suite installed on a different PC.

•   Level 5   
    (236) points
    ifgshooter

2017-12-06 17:16:37 (Reply to:witsend)

I contacted Autel North America technical support yesterday. They gave me this very generic answer, "people who bought an update 2015 are still available for an update because they purchased a update before it was discontinued". So allegedly, Autel has updated all software prior to 2015 a far as they could, and the free updates are only for people that paid for the 2015 thru 2016 updates. So the "free" updates aren't really free? Seems sketchy to me. I'm hoping that if enough people got on the horn to tech support, that they will allow for free updating of the tool for those that want it, prior to the end of support on December 31st 2017. Let's see if we can make it happen.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-12-08 00:34:44 (Reply to:ifgshooter)

I think you meant to say they purchased an update "after" it (DS708) was discontinued from production. I believe the number of  new updates with actual added vehicle coverage for the DS708 had dropped off significantly after discontinuation  and the shifting of human resources resources required  to remove GM programming, factory logos, disable some functionality until it could redo the software  architecture to seem unique enough  on MaxiSys to avoid further OE  Lawsuits for Software Copyright infringement, so for good will gesture to those who bought updates and didn't get your money worth , they let them update if anything new is added till the end of year.
  Total2 Pages