Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
toolbar not working

7594 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: 2020-09-28 14:19:08

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    kbento

2020-08-30 14:15:41 (Reply to:witsend)

I had the same thing happen to mine. I called Autel, went back and forth on email, told them this issue with the Touchscreen is happening to alot of other users. They dent its an issue. I asked why they dont have a recall to fix this know issue, they basically dont acknowledge it as an issue. So either pay $495 to have the unit put back under warranty (and then fixed) or deal with it.

I was able to get a USB-Mini to USB adapter with a USB Mouse to work. Here is the USB Adapter I got:

But I wanted the touchscreen to work. So I went on Ebay and bought a new TouchScreen panel. I got part #:
    WGJ80233-V1  SKU B019710001-US
    I installed it, and it still doesnt work. Now, not at all. Im reading up on it, looks like I may need to do some stuff with the drivers.
    Ill post back with how far I get...

FYI: my ORIGINAL Touch Screen has part #: F-WCJ80233-V1 5526 M1550 printed on it. My replacement I got on Ebay has the SAME numbers on it.

Anyone else get this far? Any solutions?

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    kbento

2020-08-30 21:58:58 (Reply to:kbento)

Correction: It does work. I rechecked my connections, and the TP cable was a bit loose. I redid all of the connections, charged up, and now the touch screen works fine!! So yes, you can replace the TP screen with the same model #, and not have to mess with any drivers or cut any resisters. Future readers take note.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    waseemkhaliq1

2020-09-10 01:53:39

I had exactly same problem. Upper and lower touch menus did not respond. Unit was bought used with this issue and battery gone bad. Got it repaired with new battery but its the ribbon cables inside that do not hold well after a while. On my unit the upper menu ribbon cable just did not want to lock in with that very little plastic tab so we just gave up. It functions but only with lower tools menu. Cannot use upper tool menu choices. Unable to find a new lock tab for this 906 anywhere.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    charris

2020-09-11 20:29:41

Have the same issue. Everything was fine until I renewed and updated, that's when the toolbar quit working.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points

2020-09-25 13:39:01 (Reply to:charris)

Same issue here. All worked fine until Autel renew and update. Top of screen does work in some software. What's going on here? 

•   Level 1   
    (6) points

2020-09-28 14:19:08 (Reply to:charris)

Did you get any resolution? I can't even contact them as the form is broken. I was using it one minute and it worked fine. I did the update and then it stopped working. In some software (outside of the Maxi portal) it does work. This would indicate a software issue but people are replacing screens themselves. 
  Total2 Pages