Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Scan Folder Backup

4086 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: 2020-10-01 08:32:17

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2020-09-15 04:49:32 (Reply to:Iban Diaz)

I just got a brand new MS908BT, having this same problem! Looks like the problem
    hasn't been fixed yet.
    I'm not happy that I can't back up the tablet!

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2020-09-22 07:34:46 (Reply to:witsend)

Yes BMW software should be installed in S D Card automatically if you have installed S D Card if, it does not then you can move it manually by going to Data Log>>>Vehicle Management>>> and move only 4 software which are BMW, Hyundai, VW, and Peugeot........... But, now there is a problem on some Maxisys don't have Vehicle Management icon.......

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-09-27 16:51:57 (Reply to:Ashraf)

IMO a factory reset and final software version install and backup may be  a wise thing you would want to do at least 30 days before your update period expires to reduce tablet clutter , speed up tablet and  insure longer software stability. You will need to set aside a day to do this and have  access to stable High speed internet the entire time .I believe you shouldn't wait till the last week of your update period in case tablet or server develops an issue that might not get resolved in time under warranty. Especially if you don't plan to update and prefer to upgrade to a new scanner in a few years with larger memory and newer Android OS.
     I'm not sure if you can even create a working Scan folder backup to a USB drive if the software is split up with BMW installed onto an EXT SD card.
      After a Factory Reset,(during update period)  the scanner will have to be set up all over again (now would be the time to sell it months  beforehand so the factory reset and call in to support for registration change over to the new owner for the information can be done , rather than waiting and selling tool as is after the update period with all your primary email and information still bound to it, where a update would have to be purchased to download all the software over again should he do a Factory Reset out of update period and the backup software  for it won't work afterwards.
      For a 32gb memory units that you no longer plan to update for the last 30 days of your subscription, you can get everything to fit on the internal drive if you remove the ext SD card and you Install the car Makes and their affiliates with the largest files sizes first starting with BMW.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjkQB0otK58&t=17s

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2020-10-01 08:32:17 (Reply to:witsend)

I have seen people with Maxisys Elte  which has 64gb build in still have problems of memory as MS908P.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDx1Q1pBe9Y

Total2 Pages