Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > email setup issues it keeps say wrong pa...
email setup issues it keeps say wrong password

12228 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: 2020-09-19 19:01:52

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Idris

2019-11-11 04:10:23

Does anyone need still need help with this?

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Larsa

2019-12-04 17:12:10 (Reply to:Idris)

Yes, my unanswered forum post from some days ago:

Larsa
    2019-11-26 19:36:50
    Hi,

Anyone having a idea how to get outgoing email to work?
    All my settings are correct according to the email provider, but my emails are stuck in outgoing folder, incoming are all good

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    nailhead

2020-01-03 00:35:45 (Reply to:Idris)

Hi Idris, yes. I have the MaxiCOM MK808. I can not use the email function. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you,

nailhead

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2020-01-28 04:53:28 (Reply to:)

I had same issue, couldn't set up email, wrong username or password.  Couldn't send email but could receive.  It used to work but it had been a while since I used my MS906.

I contacted Autel, Chris, and he advised that it was a Google Gmail Two Authentication issue and the MS906 didn't support that.  He did send me the instructions to solve my issue.  Google has a procedure that generates a new 16 digit password and you have to insert it where your old password went.

My MS906 is sending and receiving emails like before.  Thanks to Chris and Autel for solving problems with Google.

Hope this helps!!!

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Hi Ho Silver

2020-03-14 00:27:46 (Reply to:)

Can you share the instructions Chris sent to you?

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2020-05-18 18:04:39 (Reply to:Hi Ho Silver)

I have/had the same problem. After deleting my account and reinstalling it, same problem. I could not get past the screen where it states user name or password incorrect (although I was sure my PW and user names were correct) The fix is to go into your Google account (upper right corner of browser with a circle with the first letter of your  name), click on the circle> click "manage your account"> click "security" on the left side>select 2 step verification with your phone as a text> also select app passwords> and create a password for your mail app. Use this password in place of your normal Google password when setting up your email and it will complete the setup without any issues. No manual setup either, just use that password and the rest is done for you. I am not even sure if the 2 step verification is required but I did it 1st and then the app password and that immediately resolved my problem.

•   Level 2   
    (44) points
    Titang9

2020-07-06 01:51:36

This worked for me...
    Go into your Google/Gmail account (upper right corner of browser with a circle with the first letter of your  name), click on the circle> click "MANAGE YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT"> click "SECURITY" >scroll down to LESS SECURE APP ACCESS and turn it ON.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Santos

2020-07-10 11:04:36

First I could send my diagnostic on blue tube but now I can't why.
    How is the (Es explorer ) used as when I want to share with bluetooth it comes

•   Level 2   
    (36) points

2020-09-05 18:23:09 (Reply to:)

Same problem

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    Bpowell-ma

2020-09-11 19:50:29

I got this figured out.  Go to your google account settings and click on security. Here is a direct link

https://myaccount.google.com/security

On that page you will see a box labeled "Signing in to Google"

Make sure you have 2-step verification ON. Then click where is says APP Password. It will have you sign in to your account again. Then, in the first box click on EMAIL. In the second box click OTHER and you can name it what you want. Then click GENERATE.

It will pop up a 16 digit one time password. Write this down. Then go back to your tool and use this password when entering your sign in credentials.

I would have uploaded pictures but I don't see a way to attach anything to this message. It should be pretty straight forward though. Just make sure you enter the right settings for the gmail imap account.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en

Bob Powell

Total3 Pages