Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Maxisys 908P Running Out Of Its Memory
Maxisys 908P Running Out Of Its Memory

3362 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: 2019-08-21 14:10:00

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2019-07-26 20:57:23 (Reply to:witsend)

Hi Wits,
    My total internal memory is 25.8 too. I'm not sure why. I would purchase a 16 gig
    micro sd and install it. The tool moves the BMW program over to the external sd card
    and you will have plenty of memory.
    I just purchased the IM 608. It comes with 64 gigs internal memory. I think I have 35
    gigs left on it.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2019-07-27 01:51:53

pls my maxisys pro can't ton off ?

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2019-07-28 08:58:55 (Reply to:Kevin H)
     Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the feed back I am glad you got it shorted, regarding the memory lift it's about the same as yours, it might be bit less as I have installed almost all the software including the domestic (Chinese Vehicle) Lol 

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2019-07-28 09:04:33 (Reply to:witsend)
     Witsend,

Yes you are right for some reason even my tool don't show those 32gb it only shows like yours 25.**gb I think it might be because of other apps which are already installed like Autel video, team viewer, Firefox,  etc......

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    Ramezm

2019-08-19 18:56:19

Hello ,
    I'm using a 32 gb external sd card and working perfectly it should be for high speed ultra or extrem type , only BMW file on it.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2019-08-20 19:21:00 (Reply to:Ramezm)
     Can you please post the link or the picture for the SD Car type you used it...........

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-08-21 14:10:00 (Reply to:Ashraf)

I think Support once recommended SanDisk brand up to a 32GB size formatted in FAT32.
    I think a few years ago a BMW update would also fail to install and the solution was to install a micro SD card and the update would install all or part of the BMW update on the external SD card. I didn't want any issues , so held off installing the BMW update until I bought and inserted a 32GB Sandisk Micro SD card, and sure enough the BMW update was put on the SD card. Later after another BMW update,a little under month before my update period expired, I wanted to back up all of my software from one location, so I unmounted the SD card and removed it and deleted BMW App. I then re-down loaded BMW and it all installed fine on the internal drive. I waited and  created a backup of the entire Scan Folder on a 32 GB USB Thumb drive  a few weeks before my update expiration because new system updates of a higher version numbers alledgedly renders the backup software with a lower numerical system update level unusable to successfully restore the software and be allowed to access it  and use it again if you are out of the free update period
  Total2 Pages