Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > IM 608 Feed Back Please
IM 608 Feed Back Please

1193 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2019-07-16 22:22:38

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2019-06-26 08:18:40
    Hi All

Can you guys who already have this tool can post some feed back here so, we all can know how good is this tool......

•   Level 2   
    (39) points

2019-07-02 19:13:54

citroen saxo ,,,immo box.......i cand program key 

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2019-07-02 19:21:24 (Reply to:)
     Can you please tell us what year, petrol or diesel...........? bit of more info would be more helpful

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2019-07-02 21:53:42 (Reply to:Ashraf)

Hi Ashraf,
    Mine just arrived today. I havn't had time to check it out yet. Do you have the function
    viewer on your tool? If so, it shows the functions of the IM 608.
    After a quick look, it seems to have most if not all of the diagnostic functions of the
    MaxiSys. I heard that it lacks online calibration updates and ECM flashing for European
    cars. I went through the menu and it does have online coding for VW in the menu,
    wether it works or not I can not confirm yet.
    Did you watch the 1/2 hour video on You Tube?
    Kevin

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2019-07-16 22:22:38 (Reply to:Ashraf)

Ashraf,
    I used the IM608 to program keys in an old 2003 Town and Country today. It worked
    good.
    First you pull the PIN. This takesa few minutes. I started with an old programmed
    key,then the tool instructs you to remove the key and turn the ignition back on with an
    "unchipped" key. I simply wrapped tin foil arounf the head of the key and turned the
    ignition on.
    After a couple of minutes the tool said to remove that key and put an "unprogrammed
    and chipped" key in the ignition and turn the key on. The PIN was displayed shortly
    after.
    I then simply programmed two new keys with the given PIN number and it worked like
    a charm.
    I was hoping that the tool would save the PIN number for you just in case you may
    need it again. I looked in the history and didn't see the PIN.
    I'm wondering if the PCM replaced function would pull the PIN the same way? That
    would mean that you would have to have an unprogrammed chipped key to run the
    PCM replaced function.
    I'll let you know when I get a chance to try it out.
  Total1 Pages