Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > got a good one
got a good one

4456 Views 19 Replies Latest reply: 2014-04-01 17:57:47

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill
    2014-03-28 12:30:59 (Reply to:Wild Bill)
    And still does not run.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-03-28 12:42:01 (Reply to:Wild Bill)

yes  i meant to say host is  the cluster thats where the bus voltage  come  from  if it was the pcm there will be no bus voltage when you unplug it but  pcm is the most dominant module on the network  but also check fuse box on the engine comparment disconect the plug c130 clean it check for spread terminals cracks etc   if no go  is a bad pcm  you will also notice a no check engine light on the dash get another pcm,  you can connect with the cluster if you run the wires from dlc to cluster since there is where the ccd voltage comes from  the no bus error will still be there but you should connect with it. but this will not be important your issue is with the pcm I was working on a 2012 grand caravan at the same time  I was answering your question  my wires may have gotten cross at some point  but I checked the diagram on your vehicle when thru the whole thing in my head  read our questions and answer here a few times and it all leads to a bad pcm  or a bad conection on the main fuse box onder the hood  let me know what you found  you where not lying  this is a good one for sure  you can get a used pcm no programming required  other than vin change

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill
    2014-03-28 17:29:46 (Reply to:ede65)
    I will put the pcm in in the morning. I am still concerned as to why it will not comm
    with anything. Also the asd relay does not energize when the key is turned on. I can
    energize it and still no pcm operation. I think it is bad but I can't find out why it will not
    comm. If I cut the ccd wires from the cluster and run the cluster direct to the dlc
    should I get comm with it ?

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill
    2014-03-29 13:23:17 (Reply to:Wild Bill)
    Got it running. It will comm with a new pcm. Weird. ????it will not com with the pcm
    unplugged. Nor will it comm with anything until the pcm is plugged up. This is just so
    weird. It should I know. It does not charge the battery. I went through scan tool and
    commanded a full field. Still does not charge. I can full field by grounding the green
    field wire at pcm and it charges. So I paralled a external regulator from and older
    chrysler a d all seems good for now. Abs light is on. Got to look into it now.

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill
    2014-03-29 13:23:48 (Reply to:Wild Bill)
    Again thanks for all your help

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-03-29 14:35:40 (Reply to:Wild Bill)

the chrysler ccd bus is a complex one  this is the reason why it will not communicate with any other module on the network if pcm is not installed or bad.  all the modules on the network have a ccd chip in them and all connected in parallel, instrument cluster sends the ccd voltage to all modules at the same time but the dominant module on the network is the pcm  binary 0 the rest of them is binary 1  pcm has the  highest priority  this is the one that talks first everybody else listen  so if this connection is not made the rest will not talk    more or less  it will take me for ever to really explain it well  but you will at least have an idea why  but getting the pcm out of the way you should have been able to connect with the other modules  there has to be another issue as well preventing this any way glad you got it going  and your welcome  good day

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-03-29 16:02:56 (Reply to:Wild Bill)

Regarding your alternator not charging again I believe you have a bad alternator
    overloading you pcm circuit and burning your pcm or the replacement pcm could have
    been bad also but don't take the risk replace the alternator check battery also this could
    have been the cause of your pcm going bad in the first place

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill
    2014-03-30 09:27:19 (Reply to:ede65)
    Thanks. Alternator is new. Twice a d still won't charge. I groung tne field at pcm and
    it does. I have recommeded a battery to tne customer. I do understand the binary
    comm. I just thought the other computers would comm with pcm unplugged since it
    was wired parallel. Oh well. It is running. Thanks again for all your nelp

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-03-30 17:00:30 (Reply to:Wild Bill)

your welcome bill I can not understand it either that was very strange next time i get a chrysler  with that same data bus I am going to do some testing
    with the maxisys and the drb3 to see if i get the same results as you had i will let you know 

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill
    2014-04-01 17:57:47 (Reply to:ede65)
    Yes please let me know . And thanks again
  Total2 Pages