Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Does AL519 I/M readiness read all module...
Does AL519 I/M readiness read all modules (ie PCM & TCM)?

9850 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2014-03-31 07:31:51

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Sprocketman
    2014-03-30 15:17:47
     I've read the manual backwards and forwards and I can't determine if I/M readiness reads and returns both PCM and TCM or just the emissions related modules. I was hoping that the "on-click" I/M button would show ALL DTC's Without having to look at them individually thru OBDII Diagnostics menu.  Thanks!

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2014-03-30 23:35:07

First, AL519 is just a OBD II CODE READER, which means it only reads the emission-related codes.

Second, the one-click I/M button only shows you how many codes are there but you have to read the codes to learn what they are.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    Sprocketman
    2014-03-31 07:31:51 (Reply to:Autel Support)
      Thanks, for clarifying the scope of the AL519 being limited to emissions-related codes. I worded my post poorly and should have said the I/M button "indicates" number of codes present. 

On my car, here is what comes up when I open OBDII/EOBD:

Control Module
    $07E8
    $07E9

Then, when I open each one for ID info:

$07E8 CAN STD FAST - ECU Name  ECM-EngineControl
    $07E9 CAN STD FAST - ECU Name TCM-TransmisCtrl

So, will the I/M button indicate how many codes are present from both of these, ie all DTCs total without having to open and view each one separately just to see if there are any codes present?
  Total1 Pages