Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > DS708 user... Idle relearn fails to comp...
DS708 user... Idle relearn fails to complete.

3259 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2014-08-07 15:04:07

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    GAW
    2014-07-26 15:40:00
     Hello, I'm a new member here and needing help with my newly purchased DS708.
    I've recently made several attempts on two different Nissans, a 2004 Nissan Sentra and my personal 2006 Nissan Titan to accomplish an idle relearn. All the requirements were met and I've even tried the Chrysler adaptor for laughs without any luck. I am currently a Nissan master tech with 20 years in the dealership, and decided to throw in the towel and turn my side shop into a full time deal. This unit and its capability to perform this procedure played a major role in my decision to make the purchase. 

Even at the dealer and using the Consults, idle relearn completion sometime would be a pain. These two Nissans that I have tried we're not  really out whack, but I gently cleaned the throttle chamber areas and wanted to eliminate a possibility of a mil due to this.

Thanks.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-08-06 16:45:43 (Reply to:GAW)

when everything seem to fail just turn the a/c on then try it again, other things i do besides that is i put it in gear or i disconnect the air flow meter wait until it sets a code the reconnect air flow meter and try again, one of this 3 method will do it, my personal favorite is turning the ac on good luck.

•   Level 2   
    (43) points
    JosephKabera

2014-08-07 15:04:07

I have the same problem today using a maxisys ms908 pro, I could not do relearn on bluebird sylphy G10 and also on nissan note E11. The machine gives me error 78 which I dont understand but I managed to do it using a maxidas ds708 perfectly well on both vehicles.
    Does anyone here know why maxisys can not be able to perform this task on a nissan vehicle. The Autel tech team does not seem to care I wrote to them and they have not replied or even give solution.
  Total1 Pages