Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Maxidas ds708 what happen after update !...
Maxidas ds708 what happen after update !!!!!!!!

2972 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2014-08-11 17:45:15

•   Level 2   
    (30) points
    vikislap
    2014-08-07 18:58:42
     Hi guys so my update was close like one and half years ago but they stop update just for cars specially  not for software you have in your scanner why?Because now I have maxidas ds708 which does not work at all and all technical support helping is just " you have to buy new update" because you have old version cars but new version of scanner software and its not work together, but why you release update of software if I had not update ? I was asking so let me get the old version which was compatible and was works good.... "No sorry we do not have it" so what I have scanner for 1500-1700 don't remember and its not working even no obd 2 just for check engine not working. No help from technical support at all and I will call again and I would prefer to speak with manager.....  

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2014-08-08 02:17:06 (Reply to:vikislap)

Just a snotty..

but where is your backup of the SD ?
    No Updates and all on a SD requires a backup as you can loose all in seconds.
    SD's are not reliable devicees at all and a simple zip file would solve you problem. But that is too late now.

And I got a used DS708 with software V 3.x and updated with no errors to v 6.15 - 6.17 and that with the old car software.
    Based on your other posts you had errors before. Are you sure it is not a hardware fault you have to deal with ?

•   Level 2   
    (30) points
    vikislap
    2014-08-08 19:58:29
     You right about back up but in same time I start to check around my pc where it was just broke down and I lost all data...:( so this problem is not hardware  but the software this told me tech support over serial number they check it.... Only way now is buy new update... And I do not know where to get the software back to 6.15 I have now 6.18 thats only choice I have from autel tech 6.18 then 6.25 and 6.31 or so. ..? Its possible to get from another sd card which working well? Thanks

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2014-08-09 04:19:52 (Reply to:vikislap)

Hi,

here are the pure software versions I have as backup

http://www.fware.de/pub/V334.zip
    http://www.fware.de/pub/V617.zip

I suggest to zip your existing SD and extract on a NEW / second SD.
    Then try the V617.zip (Version 6.17) first by extracting to the new SD and overwrite the software. It does not contain any car or authorization.txt file.
    You can also try the 334 (Version 3.34) and use the Autel update to go to 6.18 later.
    I do not have a 6.15 as my system worked fine even with 6.25.

•   Level 2   
    (30) points
    vikislap
    2014-08-09 16:02:45 (Reply to:fware)

Thanks so much for your help but looks like you was right the problem could be the hrdware... here is what I see on screen system program version :V5.20 firmware : V3.30 and hardware version is V3.60 if you just can check it with yours just would like to make sure where the problem is... do you know how to fix it if the hardware is the problem or I get hardware update by wifi ?

thanks Vic

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2014-08-10 08:27:57 (Reply to:vikislap)

My About screen shows:

system program version : V6.31 (What ever version I have installed on the SD, so was V6.17 or V3.34 before)
    firmware : V3.30
    hardware version is V3.60

Difficult to check if there is something wrong with the hardware.
    If there is no connection to cars, not even with OBDII you can try to relace the cable with a 15-PIN Joystick extension cable.
    This you can get from a local computer store. Also the OBDII adapter can be the problem. Not so easy to replace but if you have the Chrysler adapter you can try this for generic OBDII scan.

AND,
    I never do Updates via WIFI. Either PC software or cable connection.
    And, as you cannot change an ignition plug on a car via wifi you can therefore not repair hardware via wifi.
    But the DS708 is a robust device and I do not think it is the main unit.

•   Level 2   
    (30) points
    vikislap
    2014-08-11 17:45:15
     Hi, Thank You so much for your help...Really thanks to you I save some money;) just checked the cable 15 pin with voltmeter and three of the wires was cut right around the plug close to the scanner (fixed)so now all works. I did just ordered new one online. So for now I will not need the update. Thanks again I owes you czech beer :) 
  Total1 Pages