Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > nissan I key c/u initialization
nissan I key c/u initialization

8603 Views 26 Replies Latest reply: 2018-11-08 18:03:18

•   Level 3   
    (52) points
    btl802
    2014-12-26 18:56:20
     hi guys and tech support, im working on a 2007 nissan altima 2.5s that is push button start with i keys. im using a ds708 that is updated. im trying to register new i keys. i have completed the steering lock release successfully but once i do that i dont have the option to do the C/U initialization procedure to register the new I keys. can anybody shed some some light on this? i have also tried to do the initialization with a new maxisyspro that i borrowed but the option wasnt there either. is it hiding in a sub category somewhere?

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-12-27 08:04:08 (Reply to:btl802)

-

•   Level 3   
    (52) points
    btl802
    2014-12-27 10:44:03 (Reply to:ede65)
     ede65, thanks for the post. the way you described may work, but i may have mucked up the procedure now. i unplugged my scanner after i couldnt figure out the procedure, and now that ive gone back to the car and tried what you described, heres what happens. i load up nissan program, go into NATS, and try to perform steering unlock, using both the old new new pin codes from keytechtools.com. and im sure that these pins are correct, at least the old one, because i had someone with a different pin code calculator generate what is being described as the old code for me, and it matches the old code from keytechtools.com. anyway, when i try to perform steering unlock procedure now, it simply says procedure not successful. and i still cannot get to a category to perform c/u initialization. and i dont know if it matters,but yes, i have had the flashers on when trying to do this, im assuming once you perform the unlock once, thats all that is needed until you register a new key to unit. but im afraid i may have messed up procedure since i have had scanner unplugged with steering lock unlocked. can you shed some more light on this situation please. and for what its worth to anyone reading, im in the mobile,alabama area if someone that has a consult 3 program wnats to come help, it would be appreciated and ill make it worth your while

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-12-27 18:45:47 (Reply to:btl802)

-

•   Level 3   
    (52) points
    btl802
    2014-12-29 23:30:22 (Reply to:ede65)
     well to give you an update that didnt work either. tried it several times and never could get to the c/u initialization. the real kicker is I had a 2009 murano come in today and the customer wanted a spare key programmed (she only had 1 original left) and i took care of that in about 5 minutes flat with no issues at all. Typical, right? Im beginning to think my issue with the altima is the original reason it came in to the shop. car came in with a no start issue. after checking it out I determined it had a short to ground in the ENG CONT fuse circuit . (fuse 42 in the IPDM if i remember right) every time the ignition was switched on it would blow the fuse. my troubleshooting has led me to believe that the body control module has a short in it. I had performed the steering unlock procedure because the wheel was staying locked up and i needed to move the car out of the way. and thats where im stuck at--trying to get the keys validated again so that i can go on testing for the blown fuse issue. is it possible if there was a problem with a component on the vehicle for it to be messing with the scan tool, as in not allowing certain functions to show up or be performed such as the c/u initialization? 

•   Level 3   
    (52) points
    btl802
    2014-12-29 23:35:24 (Reply to:btl802)
     and yes i know that there were a bunch of cases with bad steering lock units, but this one seems to be functioning properly. i even whacked it a couple times with a rubber mallet just to be sure that it wasnt bound up(ive seen that before). and you can turn the ignition on with the key in the slot to the left of the steering wheel and then unplug the steering lock unit and still have a short to ground in the fuse box. and the car DOES have the updated "monkey fist" relay pack for the brake switch and new brake switch installed in it

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-12-30 07:49:42 (Reply to:btl802)

-

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-12-30 07:54:44 (Reply to:ede65)

-

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points