Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > BMW Battery Registration
BMW Battery Registration

2885 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2015-02-05 15:36:30

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-02-04 06:23:23

Hello support at Autel,

I would like to make a very vital suggestion with our units...I like many others techs and owners of shops that service European makes namely as BMW really would like to see the battery registration feature added to the software. It is just as important as resetting CBS settings for oil, spark plug,brakes, cabin filters etc. as this is a very reoccurring job for us when replacing a vehicles' battery and BMW's require the battery registering. I had to do this job three times last month and had to pull out the laptop....and I am sure many others will agree that it is very time consuming in comparison to the Maxysis...This would be a absolutely great feature and a market seller if you enhanced the unit with this....Thanks...

•   Level 4   
    (150) points
    RayJuk

2015-02-04 09:04:03 (Reply to:912guy)

Hi, it is on the maxisys. Did it on a 6 series the other week. Was very long winded and
    hard to find though, also allows you to change between black or white battery

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-02-04 10:32:14 (Reply to:RayJuk)
     wow Rayjuk thanks for that info my friend...that's a new one.... I got to battery info and I was trying on a e60 2006 and it said this feature is not available...Let me get back to the unit and try and navigate my way around it...when my next unit comes in I will look around...That is very good that it asks for the color of the battery because it seems that the batteries with the white top are now black...has anybody noticed this? Now I have a ms905,which is the same as the ms908 ,so it should be on mine also...Thanks again my friend...

•   Level 4   
    (150) points
    RayJuk

2015-02-04 10:47:08

I have been trying to remember how I did it. When you go into the bmw choice don't use autodetect and dont go into diagnostic or service, was another selection??? Sorry I can't remember the exact procedure but it took allot of playing around as I was trying to show someone how rubbish his Verus was :-)
    The colour of battery is due to one being gel (black I think) and other being lead. They have changed them all to black and don't even list original white ones (for the vehicle I was working on anyway)

•   Level 4   
    (150) points
    RayJuk

2015-02-04 10:50:00

JUST REMEMBERED!
    When you go into bmw you get
    Read out vehicle ----- vin ------ basic features
    Go into basic features and manually select vehicle then you will find it

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-02-04 13:47:17 (Reply to:RayJuk)

-

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-02-04 14:13:10

One more that is a bit hard to find but is available... I will make a note as well, thnx.

This is one more on my list with data, functions, etc. that are not on the position you firstly expect them but certainly are there if you take the time to work through the possibilities :)

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-02-05 15:36:30 (Reply to:RayJuk)
    Ty very much for that.....this gets a very big thumbs up for maxysis
  Total1 Pages