Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 2005 Uplander Van PCM Fuel disable
2005 Uplander Van PCM Fuel disable

2216 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2015-03-21 23:35:19

•   Level 3   
    (54) points
    techterr
    2015-03-21 21:02:25
     I am throwing this out here to see if anyone has run into this, or has any ideas on how to fix this....  Went to a customers house and programmed a key into his 2005 Chevy uplander van, not sure the history of this van..  He bought it and had it towed to his house.  Once the key was programmed it still wouldn't start.  Checked all the fuses and relays and all were Ok.  Did a scan with the Tech2 and it showed no DTC's, did a scan with the 708 and it showed no DTC's either..  Went into PCM info and it shows the line marked theft deterent,  Fuel disable...  Tried to program a remote thinking maybe someone locked this car with a remote and it is looking for a remote to unlock the car, but couldn't program a remote...  If I take a fuel pressure guage and run the bleed into the intake hose, the car starts as long as I have the bleed hose fueling the car... The class 2 data buss is working fine, no errs...  Does anyone have any ideas about how to get the PCM to enable fuel???  Any ideas on whether a reflash of the PCM would help???
    Feel free to throw out ideas...  I haven't run into this before..
    Thanks in advance,
    Tim

Tags: DS708

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-03-21 23:35:19 (Reply to:techterr)

Hello, there's two manual methods of re-learning keys a 10 minute version and a 30 minute version both in the service manual if you have access to information. I'm curious what message is on the driver information center that will help guide you to the culprit. That message is sent by the BCM after it reads key in cylinder transponder. BCM either can't read key and/or password that it's sending to PCM don't match for example if either module was recently replaced. Manual method goes something like this turn the key on for 10 minutes message should disappear turn the key off for 5 seconds then back on a second time for 10 minutes then off again for 5 seconds and on again for 10 minutes. Hook up a battery charger as that's a long time with key on and it must be a master key not valet. You should be able to see what's going on for sure with a tech 2 but important to know what BCM is seeing from the key transponder otherwise it'll never send password over serial data to PCM for fuel enable. Please recheck my explanation of manual procedure if possible as I'm trying to do from memory.
  Total1 Pages