Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 2006 dodge caravan 3.3
2006 dodge caravan 3.3

2254 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-03 18:19:46

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    rx7theone
    2015-04-03 08:43:28
      my costumer complains that the lights on the cluster like abs. engine.  key fab. battery. etc etc  come on while driving some times for some seconds some times for minutes i have had the car for 2 days and no problem so far but he says it happens all the time any ideas where to start i think the problem comes from the front control module bcm in the engine bay any help would be appreciated thank you

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-04-03 09:26:11 (Reply to:rx7theone)

Yeah , I would do an auto scan and record all the codes of all the modules before disturbing components and generating new codes. Check TSBs .See what similarities the codes between different modules share with one another. Look at power and ground distribution to see where the shared power flow and grounds originate and end. Power goes into the Integrated Power Control Module (Basically the engine compartment fuse and  relay box.) Do not jam test lights tips into relay terminals that can spread terminals and cause connection  issues.
       Don't guess and change parts that will have you married to something.

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    rx7theone
    2015-04-03 18:19:46 (Reply to:witsend)
     thank you,,,, it was the dimmer switch the problem wasnt like my custumer said     only the lcd on the dash where the miles are flickers and everything connect to it
  Total1 Pages