Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > vauxhall corsa security
vauxhall corsa security

3482 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2015-05-29 03:10:22

•   Level 4   
    (144) points
    autocare9
    2015-05-16 10:55:26
    When I had a maxdas I could read the security code from vauxhall corsa and now I have a maxisys it does not work but is listed can support fix this issue it is handy when resetting the service reminder .

Thanks mike

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-05-22 05:45:20 (Reply to:autocare9)

Hi

Yes I do agree it is a very handy option to have that option fixed............... but, I don't think you need pin code to reset the service lights on any Vauxhall/Opel

Ash

•   Level 4   
    (144) points
    autocare9
    2015-05-23 02:39:53
    Hi for the corsa it asks for security code when reseting service reminder also its good to have.

•   Level 2   
    (41) points
    franky

2015-05-23 15:34:23 (Reply to:autocare9)

if its a corsa d the security code is available in the ipc [instrument cluster] I think its under special functions I know its available somewhere done one today

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-05-24 04:48:47 (Reply to:autocare9)

Did you reset service (or tried to) using the option in the main menu or by entering the channels yourself.

Never seen a security code for this to be honest

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-05-24 05:40:25 (Reply to:Matronix)

Now here I think you need to play with this tool more than me............I did just play with it for an hour and I can confirm that to reset service light on Corsa D using MS908P you need a Pin Code and you can extract the pin code by going in to Service>>>Instrument>>>Get Security Code>>>

And I can also confirm that this option is working...........Because when I got the pin code I did test it and was OK......Again I am not trying to pull your leg mate.............I am just trying to post what is facts of this tool as we all know NO tool is 100% but by users to post the problems it can be at least near 100% but not 100% ...........(Take it easy mate)

•   Level 4   
    (144) points
    autocare9
    2015-05-28 00:57:16
    Hi all yes i did go in to service instrument get security code but nothing happens no pin is given that's my point. I had a maxidas before and worked fine on that, when get another corsa in I will try again.

Thanks for the feed back mike

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-05-29 03:10:22 (Reply to:Ashraf)

:) you are right, noticed it indeed, never seen this before but it does ask for the code... Doing quite a few Opels but this was a new one for me too. And this code reading does not seem to be flawless as yet (might be series issue) as I understand from topic starter.

There are some more issues on service reset (could not reset service on older Astra G and H) but they might have been improved/solved in current updates as for last week I did a Astra H and it had a new reset procedure and worked fine. Will test on one of the other models again soon since we have them around quite often.

I don't pretend to know everything about this tool by a long shot. Learning each and every day by the cars that come in and need to be diagnosed. And even more, I keep posting Autel about things that are not there, not working or functions of which the purpose is not clear (Renault for instance has a full reset function for ECU, but as it is described in the tool, it might as well be the full clearance function and you don't want to erase a Renault ECU instead of just resetting it, it is just completely unclear which of both this does).
  Total1 Pages